20

At first, Izzy winced in pain as the needle hit her neck

At first, Izzy winced in pain as the needle hit her neck. After a minute or so, she was fine and was tolerant to the pain, "How is this going to help?" Jughead questioned, watching closely as the tattoo artist tattooed the snake logo on the right side Izzy's neck, the opposite of what Sweet Pea had.

  "Oh, it really doesn't," Izzy answered calmly, "I just want to piss Weatherbee and Reggie off even more."

"You do know tattoos are permanent, right?" Jughead reminded her, but Izzy just scoffed and finished explaining her plan.

"The plan is, tomorrow, I go to school with my Serpent jacket on, Reggie 
will be get pissed. He'll try to start a fight, which will end up with both us in dentention. Then, Weatherbee will be see me with my tattoo and jacket visible, I'll get suspended," Izzy pauses for a moment, "I haven't really figured out the rest yet though. But it's progress."

  Jughead nodded, still keeping his eyes locked on Izzy's neck, "Doesn't that hurt?" He asked her curiously, seeing as she was barely showing any signs of being in pain.

  "I have a extremely high tolerance for pain. I already have two Serpent tattoos already and one is on my rib, that one hurt like hell. Nothing was worse than getting stabbed with a pocket knife though. After that, the pain whole getting a tattoo doesn't bother me." She explained calmly.

  "Weren't you afraid of needles when you came to live with my family when we were younger?" Jughead questioned.

   "Yes," Izzy nodded in response, "But I was also afraid of motorcycles, snakes and the dark. Now, I love all three of those. The irony, am I right?"

Jughead chuckled when he saw Izzy stifle a laugh. He honestly had grown to consider Izzy one of his closest friends and one of the only people he could fully trust. He was definitely closer to her than he ever was with Veronica or Kevin, probably even Sweet Pea and Fangs.

    After a couple of hours of sitting with Izzy while she got her tattoo done, it was finally finished, "Does it hurt yet?" Jughead asked Izzy smiling.

  "It kinda stings, that's about it." She replied.

    "You sure you don't want me to wear a jacket with you tomorrow?" Jughead questioned and Izzy shook her head.

        "I'm better off on my own, I need to do this myself."

                          • • • •

Izzy took a deep breath as she took her first step into Riverdale High wearing her Serpent jacket. Izzy slightly groaned in pain as she took the square bandage off of her neck, making the large Serpent tattoo visible because her hair was pushed to the opposite  side.

   Izzy sent a few death glares to norhsiders when they stared at her as she went down the hallway. Once she made eye contact with them, they quickly looked away. It made her feel like her old self. The Southside Legend, Izzy Blake. The youngest Serpent to join, yet one of the most feared. She felt great at that moment. It was exhilarating.

  Izzy walked into the student lounge room, where many of her fellow Serpents were sitting next to each other, including Fangs, Sweet Pea, Toni and Jughead.

  Jughead smiled when he saw that Izzy's plan was already starting to work. Sweet Pea looked up at Izzy, both shocked and amazed at the same time. Maybe even slightly nervous for her wellbeing.

  "Oh, hey guys, what's up?" Izzy greeted her friend enthusiastically, sending them a quick wave before making her way over to the vending machine. Izzy could already feel the glares hitting her back from the Bulldogs, Reggie in particular.

Reggie look at Izzy's jacket for a long moment before speaking up in a demanding voice, "Take it off," Reggie demanded, but got no answer from the Serpent girl, "Take off that jacket now, Blake."  He demanded again as he stood up from his seat, the rest of the Bulldogs that were in the room following soon after.

   Izzy sighed as she turned to face him. Izzy could see every one of the Serpents that were in the Student lounge room at that moment, stand up, ready to defend their queen, "Oh Mantle, and who are you? My father? I honestly don't think my vivid explanation of what this jacket meant to me got through your thick skull properly. Because sadly, you have no sense of honor. Or history. Not even loyalty."

  "That's it!" Reggie growled as he grabbed Izzy by her jacket. Izzy couldn't help but feel amused by the mistake he made. And it's wasn't just a little mistake, it was a giant mistake that would probably get him beaten to a pulp.

Not even a second later, the Serpents ran over and began to fight the Bulldogs because Reggie laid a hand on Izzy. The Serpents were protective of everyone that was one of their own, but they were especially protective towards Izzy. That was very clear at that moment.

At the same time, both Sweet Pea and Izzy punched Reggie in the stomach, landing him on the ground. Sweet Pea smirked as he placed a hand on Reggie's shoulder before using the other one to punch him in the face, not once, but twice, the second one ten
times harder than the first time, "Don't you ever touch her, you understand?
And don't you ever think about threatening her ever again!"

     After a few minutes of more fighting, both groups of teens were snitched on by Veronica Lodge, landing each and every one of them in the office.

    "You all have a week's detention for fighting." Weatherbee told the two groups of teens.

  Fangs, Sweet Pea, Jughead and Toni sat together while Reggie sat on the end closest to where Izzy was standing next to Veronica.

  Weatherbee's head turned towards Izzy after glancing at the rest of the delinquents. Izzy tried to avoid eye contact with the principal, but she couldn't stop herself from looking up. 

"I made myself clear to you, Ms. Blake. Take off that jacket, right now,
or you're suspended." Weatherbee told her sternly.

"Please, Izzy, Just—" Veronica started,
but Izzy cut her off.

  "Well, I guess I'm suspended then," Izzy shrugged her shoulders as she turned towards the door, "Thank you for this wonderful gift, I finally get a break from this hellhole."

  The whole group of students and Weatherbee looked at Izzy shocked as she walked out the school doors. Weatherbee was wrong about thinking had Izzy all figured out. He thought the threat of a suspension would stop her, but the truth was, she couldn't care less.