13

Izzy groaned as she got up from her bed after hearing a knock on her front door

  Izzy groaned as she got up from her bed after hearing a knock on her front door. Izzy rubbed her eyes while walking over to the door.

Izzy opened the door to see Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs standing before her. She looked down at their hands to see them all holding presents and Toni was holding a container of egg nog and a glass bottle bourbon, "Christmas isn't 'til tomorrow."

"We know," Sweet Pea replied, smiling, "Christmas is coming a day early, just for you."

Izzy hesitantly opened the door wider to let her three friends in.

• • • •

  Toni laughed as she went into Izzy's cabinet to get the four friends cups to put their egg nog in, "Should we tell Fangs the time you and Sweet Pea recreated the Titanic scene?" Toni questioned and Izzy quickly looked up her.

"It was one time! This is the second time one of you has mentioned it!" Izzy yelled in a joking way, "We were five! I didn't know it was going to be that cold!"

  Sweet Pea laughed, "It was the coldest night of the year and the night before Christmas Eve, of course the water was going to be freezing, Izzy."

"You shouldn't be talking, Sweet Pea," Fangs spoke up, smiling at his friend, "From what Toni said, you followed her willingly."

Toni laughed at Fang's comment as she passed them all glass cups of her famous egg nog mixed with bourbon, "Sweet Pea did anything Izzy told him to do back then."

"Still does." Izzy muttered, taking a giant sip of her drink. Sweet Pea gave Izzy an amused look. It was beyond true.

  Sweet Pea grinned as he looked at her, "Yeah, because I had the biggest crush on you."

     "And has that changed?" Izzy questioned, turning her serious face into a small grin.

    "No, of course not. Especially after the night of FP's coming home party. Which I honestly can't remember fully because I was wasted."

     Toni laughed at Sweet Pea's response, "So something did happen that night?" Toni asked and Sweet Pea was quick to shut up, "I knew it."

    Izzy was quick to change the subject, "An hour till 'til midnight, shall we open gifts?"

   "Hell yeah." The three other Serpents said in unison.

    "Here we go." Toni remarked as she held three wrapped boxes in her hand before handing one to each of her friend's. Soon after, Izzy, Fangs and Sweet Pea handed out their gifts too.

    Once it was Izzy's turn to open her gifts, Izzy decided to open Sweet Pea's gift to her first. She opened it to see what looked like a car key, "What's this?" She questioned calmly.

    The three serpents grinned at their friend, "The three of us, FP and Tall Boy chipped in some money to buy it. Look outside."

  Izzy couldn't help but smile at her friend. Something she had been doing a lot more lately. Izzy quickly got up from  her seat next to Sweet Pea on the couch to look out the window. She gasped when she saw a brand new black motorcycle outside, "Your old one is falling apart so we wanted to get you a new one. It's a thank you gift from all of you to show how much the Serpents and us appreciate you. And please, don't crash this one." Sweet Pea commented, making the four laugh.

    They could remember the day that Izzy crashed her last motorcycle as if it were yesterday. She didn't want anyone to know she crashed it, so she used black duct tape to hold it together. That repair didn't last long at all.

    The two sat back down for a moment in quietness before Izzy spoke up, "How would you guys like to break into Riverdale High?"

   "And why would we do that on Christmas?" Fangs questioned.

   "Hey, It's technically still my birthday and for my birthday, I wanna break into Riverdale High's swimming pool and swimming."

Sweet Pea slightly smiled when he heard Izzy mention her birthday. She never did that. Ever.  "Sounds good to me," Sweet Pea nodded in agreement, "What about you guys?" Sweet Pea and Izzy looked over at their two friends. Fangs and Toni nodded. 

                          • • • •

                  "Only Izzy would have a lock picking kit in your pocket." Toni laughed at her friend as she watched Izzy picked the lock to the door of the pool area.

       "Got it." Izzy spoke up, opening the door the where the pool was located in the school.

        The four glanced at each other before running in. Izzy was quick to take off her sweatshirt and pants, followed by her friends.

    Izzy stealthily walked over to Toni before pushing her in, "Hey! That's not fair!" Toni told her friend, swimming up to the surface of the water.

  "Life's not—" before Izzy could finish her sentence, she was pushed in the water by a smiling Sweet Pea.

   Sweet Pea and Fangs glanced at each other before jumping in also.

    "See, I miss this," Sweet Pea spoke up, swimming over to Toni and Izzy, "Us hanging out like this. Now, our whole life is about being at the Whyte Wyrm, waging wars against other gangs and picking fights with the Northside."

  "Hey, at least we don't have to go to school with those Northsiders." Izzy commented, "That would be a train wreck."

   "I couldn't agree more." Fangs and Toni said in unison, agreeing to Izzy's comment.

    "Well, we should make more memories like this then," Izzy commented, "And it doesn't always have to be illegal. We could go to the bijou or to Pop's once in a while to hang out.

     "I like the sound of that," Fangs nodded before looking up at the clock, "Well, Merry Christmas, guys. It's midnight."

    "Merry Christmas." The four said in unison, smiling at each other.

                         • • • •

  AN: Just a quick chapter for now.

     Oh, and did anyone notice the foreshadowing? In the promo for the next episode of Riverdale, it shows that Southside students have to go to Riverdale High and in this chapter, Izzy says, "Thank God we don't have to go to school with the Northsiders." If only Izzy knew 🤦🏻‍♀️ They're going to have a rude awakening for sure. I honestly like to think of Toni, Fangs, Sweet Pea and Izzy as the Southside Core-Four.

     I'm also low key thinking about having Izzy get into a fight with a Northsider and having her beat their ass in the chapter for the next episode when it airs.😂 What do you guys think? Should I?