Chapter 17- Savoring Precious Moments

The blue sky was trying to peek its way into our hotel room. The events of the previous night still played fresh in my mind and I smiled to myself. Shawn lay sleeping curled up next to me, his breathing even.

I pulled the covers up around me and turned towards him. He looked so peaceful, angelic almost.

You have to stop thinking like that Lily. You guys were just caught up in the moment. It's not like he plans to date you or anything like that.

I sighed and got close to him. Leaning in, I spoke barely above a whisper.

"I know I may be just one of them amongst the millions and trillions. I know I may not be significant enough to stand out. But I'm not giving up on that hope. That little tiny hope that someday, you'll realize it's been me all along."

I stroked his curly head and wiped a tear from the corner of my eye. He stirred ever so slightly under my touch. Not wanting to wake him, I cautiously reached for my phone. Opening the camera, I took a few pictures of his sleeping persona.

He seemed to sense something, because his eyelids fluttered open. "Good morning darling."

"Good morning Shawn." I kissed his cheek, wanting to savor the last few moments of peace.  This was wrong, I knew it and Shawn knew it too.

Of course I had to ask the stupidest question ever, "How did you sleep?"

Shawn chuckled and sat up, "Well, minus half the night, really good. What about you?"

"Same here. I wish I could stay here forever."

"That would be nice," he looked at the clock, "But I got a show in eight hours hun."

If you had told me six months ago that I would be working with the Shawn Mendes, touring the world, I would have laughed in your face and called you crazy.

We both slid out of bed and put some clothes on to go downstairs and have breakfast.  I was really glad the hotel we were staying at offered free meals.

The air was crisp as we made our way down to the aromatic food waiting for us.

"Glad you guys could finally join us."  Andrew commented.

"Yeah, we uh, we had a long night."  Shawn cleared his throat as Andrew choked on his coffee.

I snickered and slid into an empty seat, "Where are the others?"

"Mike took the boys to start warming up."  Andrew replied.

Breakfast in Dublin was delicious. I've never tasted better chocolate chip scones than in Ireland. And their lemon curd, oh don't get me started, it's to die for.

I start to devour my food as some girls came running up to our table.  "Omg Shawn!  Can we get a picture?"

Shawn wiped his mouth and smiled, "Of course!"

He posed with the girls and snapped a few photos.  One of the girls broke down and started crying.

"It's ok hun, please don't cry."  He tried to comfort her.

"You're amazing and I love you so much Shawn, you're my world," she choked out.

"Thank you so much, I love you too," he hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head.

When her friend pulled her away and they both left, I stared at Shawn, "Your fans love you so much.  Being in that position for years and then switching to working with you, it really makes me appreciate everything."

He grabbed my hand and kissed it, "You mean the world to me."

My cheeks flushed and I looked down at my plate before answering, "You're the keeper of my heart."