Chapter 9 - No Privacy

Monday morning had somehow rolled around.  I wasn't looking forward to it.  A dark bruise had now covered almost the whole right side of my face. This is gonna take a ton of concealer.

Since Saturday, I had gained another 100k followers and had two more articles written about me. Can't people just mind their own business? The media is creating this whole theory based on one video. There's not even anything else to base their assumptions on... except my and Shawn's Snapchat stories.

Luckily I had changed my settings to only receive messages from my friends, but I can still see who took screenshots.

On a brighter note, I'm leaving with Shawn in three weeks to start his tour! Excitement couldn't even come close to what I was feeling. I've never been outside of North America, so the nerves were also hitting me.

"Sis, you gotta be looking your best when you go to school, not like a homeless crack addict." Bailey crossed her arms when she saw me layering on the concealer, foundation, and any other product I could get my hands on, onto my bruise.

"Bay, I can't go to school looking like I got beat up," I knew this wasn't going to be a fight I would win.

"You gotta wear your injuries proudly! Faye messed you up, so let the world know."

"But I kissed her boyfriend!"

"Technically ex boyfriend, and he kissed you first."  She shrugged her shoulders and began rummaging through my closet.

"What are you doing?!"  My mind started to wander back to that night.  I could still feel the warmth and pressure of his lips on mine. It was as if I had kissed a ghost. It all seemed like a distant memory.

"I'm looking for a bomb outfit for you!" Bailey's voice was a little muffled.

"Hey, it's fine."

"No it's not.  No sister of mine is going to be seen looking how you look right now."

I threw up my hands in surrender.  "I give up.  Do with me as you wish."  Even though I couldn't see it, I knew she was grinning.  I just hoped not evilly.

A few minutes later, she appeared with three different outfits. "Ok, I'll let you choose between these."

"It's too cold to wear any of these," I chuckled at the summer outfits she handed to me.

"I know that silly. Which is why I also have leggings and jackets to match!"

My red high waist shorts caught my attention.  I took them off Bailey's arm, along with some black leggings. She handed me a gray tie-dyed crop top and a lilac bomber jacket. "Try these on with the shorts."

I did as I was told and quickly changed. When I was finished, she clapped her hands with glee and squealed. "My masterpiece!"

The person staring back at me in the mirror looked pretty stylish. "Wow, thanks Bailey!"

"It's nothing," she waved her hands. "Thanks to you, I got 50k Instagram followers this past weekend."

"Oh, guilty by association I guess. You're my sister so that makes sense. Plus Shawn follows you." I realized that my mistakes will have repercussions on my family as well as myself.

"Hey I'm not complaining, isn't every girl's dream to be famous?" She giggled and skipped toward the door. "One more suggestion, don't cover up the bruise, just work around it."

"Yes ma'am," I saluted and turned back to my mirror.

I wiped off the excess concealer and foundation on my cheek and reapplied just enough around the area to evenly blend. Bailey's right, I need to wear my scars proudly.