Chapter 10 - Salt on a Wound

Catch me outside hoe.

I balled up my fists and crumpled the note. We were literally best friends less than a week ago. Now because of what Shawn and I did, she wants to kill me.

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and braced myself for whatever Faye was about to send my way. I heard a crack and a broken pencil was thrown on my desk.

"That'll be you if you ever touch Shawn again."

Finally I got fed up. "Why would you care what I do with your ex boyfriend?!"

That was the wrong thing to say. Faye made a sound that was in between a growl and a scream. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!"

"Yeah I know I screwed up! I apologized and gave you space, what more do you want?!" I lost my temper and began shouting.

Ms. Parker was making her way over to us. "I hope there's a good explanation for this young ladies. Both of you to the principle's, now."

"Yes ma'am, sorry." I nodded my head and turned towards the door.

"I didn't say you could go." Faye raised an eyebrow.

I looked back at her and pursed my lips, "We have to go."

"I don't care what Ms. Parker says, we have a score to settle."

"MISS Quentin that is detention for you today and tomorrow as well!"

"Shut up Ms. Parker! I'm just trying to deal out JUSTICE!!" She lunged across the desk at me.

I dodged out of her way and she came crashing down on the floor. A scream tore through Ms. Parker when Faye's head connected with the edge of the desk.

Everyone jumped out of their seats and huddled around her. Ms. Parker, Shawn and I pushed through the growing crowd and stood in shock.

"Lily call 911 right now!" Shawn grabbed my arm.

I pushed through to my backpack and grabbed my phone. "Hello?"

"911 what's your emergency?"

"A girl smacked her head on a school desk and is bleeding and unconscious."

"What's your location?"

"Pine Ridge Secondary School, room 183."

"Okay, an ambulance is on the way to you right now."

"Thank you so much."

I ended the call and let out a shaky sigh, "She said the ambulance is on its way."

"Okay, thank you Lily," Ms. Parker started to bend down to inspect Faye.

"Shawn can I talk to you outside for a sec?"  I asked him.

"Yeah of course."  We stepped out of the classroom and closed the door.

"I just want to say I'm sorry."

"For what hun?"

"For all of this.  If I hadn't agreed to kiss you, Faye might have never gotten hurt, you guys wouldn't have broken up, and all the paparazzi wouldn't be chasing you around everywhere asking about us."  I wiped a tear that fell down my cheek.

"Oh my darling, none of this is your fault.  Come here," he wrapped his arms around me in an enveloping bear hug.  "You've got to understand something, I was planning to break up with Faye for a little while already, the paparazzi is always chasing me, and as for the kiss..."

Shawn trailed off for a moment and I saw an expression cross over his face.  Whatever it was passed quickly and resolve settled in its place.  In one swift movement, he cupped my face and planted his lips on mine.  "I wanted to kiss you."