Chapter 23 - Familiar Faces

Monday morning rolled around and I was so tired.  I'd stayed up till 3 am talking to Shawn on the phone, and it was now 6:30 am.  I had a whole week of school before Christmas break, which was 2 weeks long.

I was having really bad morning sickness today and wished with all my heart that I could stay home from school.  However this was an important day for Shawn and I, we were going to school together for the first time as a couple.

While we were in Paris, I bought a super cute blue dress. It was lacy and had purple flowers along the hem and neckline. It came half way down my thigh so I had to wear leggings underneath.

I popped 2 ginger tablets in my mouth, those seemed to work. Bailey came in and jumped on my bed. "So, happy to be back?"

"Definitely! I missed you so much."

"I missed you too! I didn't have anyone fun to drive me to school, so mom drove me. But now I can ride with you, Shawn, and Aaliyah!!"

"Speaking of that, they're going to be here in 3 minutes!" I just realized what time it was.

"Okay, do you need any help?"

"No I'm good, thank you though!"

"Of course," she bowed and flashed a smile.

I finished putting powder on my face and swung my backpack over my shoulder. The reflection in the mirror approved of my appearance.

There were voices downstairs which signaled Shawn and Aaliyah's arrival. Bailey ran over to me and pulled me over to Shawn. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"You guys are gross," Bailey joked.

"Why thank you," Shawn chuckled.

My mom handed me and Bailey our jackets and water bottles. The four of us left the house in a huddled group. Even though it stopped snowing last night, there was a significant drop in temperature.

The car ride was full of chatter, mostly about my and Shawn's relationship. Once we'd dropped off the girls, Shawn and I made the short trip to our school.

"I'm so nervous for this," I sighed.

"Why? There's going to be no difference between the last time we came here and now."

"Besides the fact that we're dating."

"Right, obviously," he chuckled. "I don't think people will make that big of a deal about it."

"I hope not."

"Hun, regardless of what happens today, I love you." He took his eyes off the road for a second to give me a reassuring look.

I squeezed his hand and smiled, "I love you too Shawn."

We got arrived at the school a few minutes later, it looked totally unchanged.  Students were filtering in slowly.  I didn't blame them, it was almost break and everyone wanted to be done.

With a long drawn out breath, I slid out of the car.  Nerves and morning sickness were like orange juice and milk, one should never mix the two.  But here I was, scared witless and on the verge of puking.

Shawn came around the car and hoisted me up.  He planted sweet kisses all around my face and neck.  You could literally see the love in his eyes.  I wanted to tell him about the baby so bad, but I had no idea how he'd react.

He set me down and wrapped an arm around my waist, "Ready?"

"With you Mendes, always."

We strolled together up to the building.  When people noticed us, they started to gather around and whisper amongst themselves.  Phones were pulled out and I started to get uncomfortable.  I think I heard somebody tell one of their friends to go find Faye.

I really didn't want to cause a problem with Faye, Shawn didn't tell her about us.  Plus me being pregnant makes the situation a little more risky.  Teddy came sprinting up to us, "HEY GUYS!!!  I REALLY MISSED YOU TWO!"

"I missed you too Dora," Shawn smiled.  One of Shawn's other friends, Brian, came up to us.

"How was Europe?"  He asked us.

"It was really awesome!"  I exclaimed.

"I totally agree with her," Shawn nodded.

"Are you guys..." Brian and Teddy pointed at us.

"Yes we are," Shawn hugged me.

"Congrats man!" They pulled him into a bro hug and fist bumped me.

"Hey, I'm the lucky one, Lily is amazing."

"This is coming from the amazing one," I added.

The bell rang, which drew us all inside.  The crowded halls gave off a comforting familiar presence.  Me, Shawn, Brian, and Faye all had Mr. Espinosa for French class first thing.  That is, unless Faye moved to Mr. Howell's class.

When the three of us got to the room, we joined the other students that were filing in.  I didn't see Faye in the group, maybe she did transfer.  Mr. Espinosa hadn't arrived yet so everybody goofed around.  Everything was fine and dandy, too perfect.

And just like that, miss mood killer came in. Faye had dyed her curly blonde locks a deep blue and wore a tube top with extremely short shorts and fishnet stockings.  I don't know how she was able to survive, I'd be freezing my butt off.

She took one look at Shawn holding me in his arms and turned up her nose.  It's almost as if you could see her eyes turn red and smoke steam from her ears.  She sat down in a seat that was front and center in the room.

Mr. Espinosa came in soon after and everyone rushed to their seats.  Shawn held me on his lap until he was sternly told to put me down.  I hopped into the seat in front of Shawn and huffed with my chin on my hand.

The long lecture began and I felt my phone buzz.

Shawn- Lily, send help

Me- Oh you're fine Shawn

Shawn- I'm really not, I hate this class

Me- I know, and so does everyone else

Shawn- Am I that obvious?

Me- Puis-je utiliser les toilettes

Shawn- Who says I don't have to use the bathroom?

Me- For 20 minutes?

Shawn- Diarrhea

I snorted and Mr. Espinosa looked up from his textbook. "Something funny Miss. Ryder?"

"No sir," I tried to regain my composure. Faye side eyed me with a distasteful glance.

We used to be such good friends, it made me really sad that we were 'enemies'. Maybe she'd be willing to talk over everything, I think I'll go talk to her during lunch.

A/N:

AHHHHH!!!  SHAWN'S CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!!  That boy can SING!  The picture at the beginning of the chapter is one I took.  Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter!  Comments and votes are much appreciated!  See y'all in the next chapter!  Love you!!!  XXX