Chapter 32 - Pre-show Jitters

It was game day! Or more accurate, concert day. I had been up since 5 a.m. prepping stuff for the show tonight. Shawn's outfit was a navy polka dot shirt with black skinny jeans. Personally, I thought he was going to look smashing. I guess I'll see what everyone else thinks.

"THE DRAMA QUEENS ARE HERE." Brian was driving around backstage in with Teddy in a golf cart, who was shouting into a megaphone.

"Where are Faye and Vanessa?" I chuckled and jumped on the back of the cart.

"Outside. Apparently Shawn gave Jake strict orders not to let them in. So now they have to wait out with the rest of the fans who are lining up." Brian replied.

I couldn't help but belly laugh. The thought of Jake holding back those two would be something I would pay to see. "You don't think Faye would start rumors, do you?"

He paused for a minute, "Yes, yes she would. She probably kept pictures of her and Shawn to use as 'proof' her information is valid."

"Hey, let's drive by the entrance and see how many people there are!" Teddy added.  I nodded in agreement and Brian drove out of the building.

There was a cool breeze that wafted through our hair as we rode along the asphalt.  About 75 people were lined up along the V.I.P. section of the wall.  We waved at the girls and guys who were waiting.  Some waved back and some stared indifferently.

I spotted Faye and Vanessa near the front of the line talking with a group of older teens.  I wasn't planning on getting off of the cart, but she motioned me over.

"How can I help you?"

"You all know Shawn's girlfriend right?  Well she is my best friend!"

"Woah, no way!  You two are friends?  That's so cool!"  A guy about my age clapped his hands together.

Faye was just using me to gain admirers.  It was sickening.  "I'm sorry," I looked at her with a confused expression.  "Who are you?"

Her eyes got wide and a snarl appeared on her face.  "Lily, come on.  Now's not the time for games.  Tell them the truth."

"Yeah Lily."  Vanessa chimed in.

I called over my shoulder, "Boys??"

Brian and Teddy jumped out and joined me.  "Yes ma'am?"

"We've been friends for a while.  Do I know this girl?"

Both of them shook their heads.  "Nope, and neither do we.  Shall we escort you back inside?"

"Sure, thank you.  But first," I handed the guy and one of the younger girls a coupon.  "$10 off your merch purchase tonight.  Enjoy the show."

"Oh my goodness, thank you Lily!"

I waved and walked back to the golf cart.  The three of us continued around the building until we got back to where we started.  Jake once again let us in.  It was about an hour until the V.I.P.s could come in to start the meet and greet.  So much to prepare, so little time.

•••

I peeked my head out of the double doors.  Shawn was right in the middle of the q&a session.  One of the questions caught my attention.

"How is Lily doing?  Is it true she's pregnant like everyone is saying?"

Shawn looked flustered for a moment.  "Lily is doing great!  She wished me luck right before I came up here and she's somewhere back here probably doing girl stuff.  As for the pregnancy rumors, I don't know where they're coming from.  If there was any news, you guys would be the first to know.  After me and our families of course."