Chapter 57 - Back to You

"I'm gonna miss you so much Lily! Call me as soon as you can." Noel and I were crying together at LAX.

"I'll miss you more! I promise I'll call you."

She hugged me tightly and I returned the gesture. "I should let you go. You had better get moving cause the TSA is always a nightmare in the summer."

We let go of each other and she blew me a kiss as I walked toward the lines for the body scanners. She stayed and watched me until I had successfully gotten through.

I turned around one last time and waved to her. After taking a deep breath, I readjusted my backpack and walked towards my gate. There was about 45 minutes before boarding started, so I had enough time to go to the bathroom.

I had gotten to the point where it didn't matter how much water I'd had, I would still be peeing every 5 minutes. It was really annoying, but whatever.

After I sat down by the entrance of the gate, I was able to temporarily relax. The flight to Arizona was only a few hours long, but I wasn't a huge fan of flying by myself. I preferred to have someone with me.

I scrolled through my phone and rolled my eyes when I saw two headlines from the Daily Mail that read:

'Lily Ryder Enjoying Some Time Without Shawn Mendes!!'

'Shawn Mendes Separated from Girlfriend After L.A. Show!!'

Newspapers loved to make something out of nothing. Sometimes I almost wanted to create 'drama' just to freak out all the paps.

Eventually, I heard the flight attendant call for boarding. Since I had first class, I stood up and joined the short line of businessmen and others waiting to board first.

There was a small little boy in front of me who kept talking very loudly about my baby bump.

"Mommy, why is she fat?"

"Honey, it's not polite to point."

"Mommy why does she look like that?"

"She's going to have a baby."

"I thought only grown ups had babies."

"I'm sure she is grown up."

I gave them a small smile and the child stared at me.

"Are you a grown up?"

"Timothy!"

I chuckled and bent down to look him in the eye, "I am a grown up."

The line continued to grow as we were slowly led into the plane. My seat was in the second row on the aisle. As far as I knew, no one had bought the window seat. Of course, someone in stand-by could have gotten it.

I was about a week short of being 8 months pregnant, and I was feeling the pressure of time. Shawn and I still hadn't decided on a name, but we were close. We had officially narrowed it down to three.

The flight attendants came by to make sure everyone had their seatbelts fastened. And, for the fourth time this trip, I was asked if I was more than 36 weeks pregnant. I shook my head and had to show my official documentation. So glad I wasn't going on an international flight, cause the cutoff was sooner.

Pretty soon after that, the plane took off and I relaxed again. Teddy was going to meet me at the airport when I arrived cause Shawn had a performance today in Phoenix.

I must have fallen asleep because next thing I know, my bladder is waking me up. I waddle to the bathroom in the front of the plane and thank god it's not occupied. After I did my business, I waddled back to my seat and leaned over to open the window shade.

The clouds were all fluffy and white. When I was younger, I used to pretend they were made of whipped cream and bouncy.

There was an announcement that we were beginning our descent to our destination. I buckled my seatbelt back up and finished off the remainder of my ginger ale.

About 20 minutes later, we landed safely at the airport. I shot Teddy a quick text about which baggage carousel to meet me at and grabbed all my stuff. Someone got my carry-on bag out of the overhead compartment for me and I was on my way.

The humid air hit me like a brick wall and I immediately started to sweat. My deodorant and anti-perspirant was doing absolutely nothing for me. I don't know why I spend $8 on something that doesn't even work half the time.

The airport was super busy as I walked through it. Everyone was bustling about, trying not to miss their flight. The baggage claim wasn't too far away, luckily for me.

When I got there, I saw someone running towards me and I realize it's Teddy. I speed walk over to him and we meet in the middle with a big hug. He kisses me on the head and we walk arm in arm over to where the luggage will be.

"I missed you so much! And so did Shawn, obviously," Teddy gushed.

"I missed you too Teddy. And of course Shawn as well." I giggled in response.

He grabbed my baggage and we strolled out of the airport. I saw three cameras flashing and sighed. Wherever I go, I know I can count on the paps to be there.

Teddy wrapped his free arm firmly around my waist after pulling his hat down as low as he could. I turned towards him and pulled my hat down to shade my face.

Paparazzi always brought out the worst in me, I don't know why. Maybe because they never had a thread of regard for people's personal lives. Granted, I don't get pestered a million seconds a day like Shawn does, but it still really annoying to have unwanted flashing cameras in your face.

Teddy and I continued our walk back to the rental car. Once we got there, he slid my stuff in the back and we drove off as quickly as we could.

"I feel bad for Shawn. I know he must hate the paps."

I nodded my head, "I agree."

"So, tell me about your trip!"

"Well, I hung out with my friends, we did a bunch of cool stuff, and I went to Disneyland and met the one and only Cameron Dallas!!"

"Oh come on, more details than that!" Teddy groaned and sighed.

"You have to wait till I tell Shawn, he'll be ticked off if I tell you first." I giggled and stuck my tongue out at him.

Speaking of Shawn, the airport wasn't too far from the venue, and Teddy knew I'd want to see my boyfriend before settling back into the tour bus. We got to the arena and Jake welcomed us. He can be quite scary sometimes, but we've gotten used to him. It was quite nice to know a big, scary security guard was watching out for your safety.

As soon as Teddy stopped the car and handed me my all access laminate, I raced into the building. Shawn was in the middle of the meet and greet so the crew thought it would be cool to surprise him.

I snuck to the back of the line and waited until the last person went in to meet him. Then Josiah and Vivian got their cameras ready and signaled that it was my turn.

With a deep breath, I calmed the butterflies in my stomach and walked in. Shawn turned to look at me and his face brightened filled with joy. He ran to meet me and I jumped into his arms.

"YOU'RE FINALLY HERE LILY!! I MISSED YOU!"

"I missed you too Shawn!" I started crying happy tears. "I'll always come back to you."

A/N:

I'm gonna say it....... I haven't updated since last decade!! Okay, now that the cringe is over, I hope you all had a great New Years! I went shopping during the day haha. Also, I am so very sorry this chapter is late, my family has been super busy lately. I hope everyone enjoyed it! Comments and votes are appreciated. See ya next time. I love you guys!!! XXX