Chapter 47 - Shattered Trust

When I got home, I peeled my clothes off and changed into a more comfortable outfit. Brian's parents were hosting a graduation party tomorrow. Tonight however, my family was having our own celebration.

"I can't believe you're out of high school!" My sister exclaimed. "You're so lucky."

"Haha, well it's been a long haul." I chuckled and hugged her.

"Alright girls, it's time for dinner!" My mom called to us.

We skipped downstairs and to the table. My parents were sitting down waiting for us. There was an awkward silence in the room and I could cut the tension with a knife. My dad was smiling at something on his phone, and my mom held an envelope in her hand.

"Let's eat!" My mom said.

We dug into the hamburgers and chips that lay on the table and I sighed happily. I was so hungry, pregnancy will do that to you.

After a few moments of silence, my mom spoke up. "I would like to have everyone's attention please."

We all looked up at her and she cleared her throat. "This is hard to say, but it must be done. Forrest, you and I have been through thick and thin together. We've been married for 22 years and have 2 beautiful daughters and a granddaughter on the way."

She began opening the letter she had in her hand and passed the contents to my dad. "I need you to sign these."

"These are divorce papers." He said with his eyebrow raised. "You want a divorce?"

Both Bailey and I stared at her. She was quiet for a little while before tears rolled down her cheek and she slammed her fist on the table. "No! I do not want a divorce! This is your fault! I don't know what I did to drive you away, but this is the way it's going to be, and I hope you can live with that."

"I don't understand?"

I got fed up, "Oh my god dad. You're cheating on mom with your boss. Her daughter is Shawn's ex! We used to be best friends."

"How did you know?" He asked sheepishly.

"Well for one, Faye can't keep her mouth shut, and two-"

"I snooped in your phone!" Bailey grinned proudly.

He looked angry and relieved. Frankly, I didn't care how he felt. "Fine, I'll sign these."

And just like that, my heart broke. The two people who had modeled unconditional love my whole life were ending everything they had.

My mom scoffed and pushed her chair away from the dinner table. She grabbed the papers after my dad had signed them and put them into another envelope. "I'm sending these back tomorrow. I want you out of the house by then."

"Okay, I'll go stay with Sarah."

"You know what, I don't care who you sleep with anymore as long as it's not with me." She shook her head.

"So, what does this mean for us?" Bailey asked.

"We have to see a lawyer about all that stuff. But no matter what happens, just know that I will always love you."

Bailey's lip started quivering and I held out my arms to her. "Let's go upstairs."

She nodded and we left our parents to finish up the rest of the meal without us. This world is down right cruel sometimes. Everything I thought I knew proved to be wrong. The parents I thought loved each other now can't stand being in the same room.

Once the door to my room had closed, Bailey began sobbing. "Why is this happening?"

I pulled her down onto my bed with me and held her close. "Dad made some really stupid decisions. But I swear to you on my life, I won't let anything bad happen to you. I will never leave your side, through hell or high water."

She smiled up at me, "I love you sis."

"I love you more," I kissed her cheek.

"Hey, we should sleep over at Shawn and Aaliyah's house tonight!"

"I'll call Shawn and ask him." I dialed his number and made the call.

After a few minutes conversing with him, Bailey and I had packed clothes for a few days. I got my keys and we walked out of the tainted house to my car. The drive felt longer than the usual 5 minutes. Bailey and I didn't speak, we both acknowledged that the silence was nice.

Shawn was waiting on the porch when we arrived. He jogged over to meet us in the drive way. "Are you girls okay?"

"Not really, but we will be." I smiled ruefully.

"Well make yourselves at home!"

The three of us walked inside together to the warm and inviting house. Aaliyah was sitting on the sofa and ran to meet Bailey. They took off to her room and Shawn and I followed suit to his room.

I set down my backpack, curled up into a ball on his bed, and let the tears free. All my emotions from the past few days rolled down my cheeks in the form of tears.

"I'm here for you hun." Shawn rubbed my back as my body shook from the sobs.

"I just... everything is crumbling!" I cried. "I don't know what to believe anymore. For all I know, you could be sleeping with someone else and I would never know."

I heard him chuckle which made me look up. "I would never cheat on you. And if I did stop loving you, I would let you know, like what happened with Faye."

I nodded and yawned, all this crying was making me tired. I dried my tears and sat up. My stomach growled, reminding me of the dinner I had failed to finish.

"What can I get you?" Shawn asked.

"Two waffles with nutella would be nice." I smiled sweetly up at him.

He saluted, "Yes ma'am. Two nutella waffles coming right up!!"

I kissed his hand before he went out to get my food. I went onto Instagram to check my feed and respond to some DMs. Ever since Shawn and I had shared the news we were going to have a little girl, fans have been flowing up my messages about what we should name her.

Shawn and I had a few we liked, like Penelope and Gemma, but we haven't even narrowed the list down to the top 10 yet.

He came back with a plate and my food. My mouth started watering at the smell. I accepted it gratefully and began to chow down. He pulled me into his arms while I ate and nestled his head in the crook of my neck.

"Tasty?"

"Oh definitely," I replied through a mouthful of food. "Thank you."

He kissed my forehead and laced his fingers with mine. "Anything for my girl."

"So, is there a plan for leaving?"

"Well, we have about 3 weeks before we have to fly to Oregon. The band is going there about a day or two before me to get the set done. You can either go with them or with me."

"Okay cool. I'll fly with you. Where are we going after Oregon again?"

"Canada, then down to California."

"Awesome, I have to remember to text my friends when we arrive at LAX."

Since I lived in Los Angeles, all my friends lived around there. I was going to stay with a few of them since Shawn was going to be in Southern California for about a week and a half.

"Okay. I'm getting really excited."

"Me too Shawn, me too."

Not only was this leg of the tour going to be new and exciting, but it's also the portion where my and Shawn's daughter will be born in to.

A/N:

Well the first half of this chapter hurt to write. It's opening up a lot of new side plots though. Also, I was at school and won tickets from my local radio station to see 5SOS and The Chainsmokers in concert in 2 weeks! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I'll see you in the next one! Comment and vote if you want! I love you guys!!! XXX