Chapter 57 - California Girls

As I waited for the Uber to arrive, Shawn and I played hand games to pass the time. It was almost 11pm and people were still filing out of the arena. My mind was preoccupied with the events of earlier and of the upcoming days to pay close attention to his show tonight.

We were backstage waiting by the tour buses along with a few of the crew members and Jake. I wasn't going to be gone for a long time, but I would definitely be missing Shawn.

Pretty soon, a blue Subaru drove up to the curb and I hugged Shawn goodbye. "I'll see you soon."

"Sounds good," he nodded and kissed my cheek. "I love you hun."

"I love you too." I got in the car and it drove away from the arena.

The friend I was staying with, Noel, lived in the heart of Los Angeles. Her family was pretty well off and could afford an apartment on Vine St.

The ride was only about 10 minutes. Good thing too, cause I had to go to the bathroom really bad. Pregnancy was definitely whipping me into shape with all the sprinting to the toilet so I don't pee in my pants.

When I arrived at Noel's apartment complex, she was waiting outside for me. I got out of the car and ran to envelope her in a hug.

"I missed you so much Lil!!"

"I missed you too El!"

We stood there in each other's arms for a while until the driver honked the horn to remind me to remove my suitcase from the trunk so I wouldn't forget it.

Noel and I walked inside and to her door. Her family lived on the floor right below her. One of her birthday presents on her 18th birthday was her own studio apartment.

"You're gonna have to tell me all about Shawn as soon as you get settled!"

She showed me to where we were going to be sleeping. I set all my stuff down and walked over to the sofa and collapsed on it. Noel sat down next to me and gave me another big hug.

"So!" She rubbed her hands together, "Spill the tea sis!"

I settled into the cushions and cracked my knuckles. She was in for a wild ride.

"Okay, so I go to the same school as Shawn. We met the first day and became friends. At the time, he was dating my dad's now fiancée's daughter."

"Wait, hold up." She held up her hands. "Your dad's new fiancée is the mother of the girl Shawn used to date?!"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Wow, that's not at all awkward."

"I know right. So anyways, Shawn and I got closer and he started drifting further away from Faye, his now ex. We went to a party and he was dared to kiss me, and Faye got super upset-"

"HA!! OH MY GOD!"

"Anyway," I glared at her for interrupting me. "And she slapped me and we stopped talking cause she hated me. Then I went on tour with Shawn and we eventually started dating, then I got pregnant with a little girl."

"That's insane Lily. Your life is so cool."

I smiled at her and shook my head. "It's really quite normal. I mean aside from the fact I'm dating a singer and am pregnant, nothing has changed."

"I would kill to be in your place. Although I'd want to be knocked up with Harry Styles' baby."

"Who wouldn't though, he's gorgeous." I agreed.

"Can I feel the baby?"

"Of course!" I grabbed her hand and put it on my belly.

She held very still and within a few seconds, her face lit up. "I FELT HER KICK MY HAND!!"