Chapter 24 - Confrontations

"Alright you guys, time to switch places!" Jack blew his silver whistle.

I let go of Shawn's feet and we traded places on the mat.  I began doing sit-ups quite easily, then it got really hard.  By the time I'd gotten to my eighth one I was panting hard.

"You got this Lily," Shawn cheered me on.

Jack was weaving through the sweaty bodies watching various people.  He stopped and observed me, then nodded in approval, "Good form.  Try not to get worn out too quickly though."

"Yes sir, thank you," I huffed.

I noticed his eyes trailing down my body, which was both flattering and freaky.  Firstly because he was hot, but also cause he was my teacher and didn't know I was dating Shawn.

He continued walking and Shawn sighed, "How much longer do we have to do this?"

"You're not the one who's currently exercising," I chuckled.

"True, and I got a great view," he snickered.

I sat up and playfully punched his arm.  "Hey, you could make that into a song.  How about 'I'm in Toronto and I got this view'?"

"That's not bad!"  He nodded.

"You're welcome," I flipped my ponytail.

Our heads snapped around when we heard shouting.  Faye had a bloody nose and was proceeding to beat the life out of Brian.  The class gathered around them with phones raised.

Jack's whistle was screaming, but no one took any notice of it.  He came bolting over and yanked Faye off of Brian.  "Will somebody please tell me what the hell is going on?!"

"HE HIT ME WITH HIS FOOT!!"  Faye tried to take another swing at Brian.

"She didn't hold my feet hard enough so they hit her nose!!!"

"I've heard enough."  Jack put his hand up and everyone got silent.  "Brian go to the nurse's office and Faye you have detention and a trip to the office right now."

"Excuse me!!" Faye shouted.

"No," he crossed his arms and scowled at her.

She sulked out of the gym with Brian cautiously walking behind her. The class got back to doing their exercises.

"Who made her the queen?"  I smirked at Shawn.

"I can't believe I fell for her.  Summer romances, wouldn't recommend them." He replied and shook his head.

The bell rang and everybody got up and charged out of the room.  Jack didn't even have time to tell us to have a good day.  Shawn and I made our way through the long hallway to the cafeteria.

There was a din of voices when we arrived.  They seemed to stop when we walked through the doorway. All eyes were on us as we sat down in our normal spots in the corner.

No one approached us, but everybody was staring.  I ate my lunch, consisting of two small waffles and an applesauce, while Shawn ate his.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I muttered under my breath.

A commotion in one of the adjoining halls made the whole room turn around. Faye and what looked like her 'gang' strode into the space.

She glowered at everyone and took a seat. "I guess the principle is done with her till later," Shawn pointed out.

"I really hope she doesn't come over here." I kept my head down.

"Is it bad if I say me too?" He chuckled.

I continued to eat my peanut butter and jelly waffles. The normal din of the cafeteria resumed with the only loud noise being Faye's group.

They were taking pictures of me and Shawn, which was getting annoying. "Can you guys stop?" I asked them.

"Oh look girls, the little drama queen thinks she can order us around. Well newsflash sweetie, get used to the paparazzi or get out." Faye crossed her arms and scowled.

I tried my best to keep it together, "It's just a simple request."

"She's right," Shawn added, "It is getting a little annoying Faye."

"Wow, you really had to drag your boyfriend into this huh?!" She rolled her eyes.

"That's enough Faye," he stood up.

"What are you going to do, defend her? Oh wait, you already did."

"Shawn, let's go eat somewhere else," I stood up too.

"Now just a minute, I didn't say you could leave," Faye cut in.

"Faye, come on, be reasonable," Shawn groaned.

"No, you be reasonable.  I loved you.  And you disregarded me, for her!!  Oh yeah, you guys were 'just friends'.  Whatever man," she stomped het foot.

"I can't talk to you right now, I'm going to get more angry than I already am," he pursed his lips.

Jack and Mr. Espinosa strolled into the room and noticed us all standing on edge.

"Hey hey, what's going on?" Jack held his hands up, "Faye, are you causing problems again?"

"No, Lily is, but that's no shocker," she rolled her eyes.

"I would like to talk to each of you separately."

"Careful they don't bite your head off," Mr. Espinosa joked.

"Lily, my office?" Jack motioned for me to follow him. I looked back at Shawn for a moment and he nodded. I came forward and walked with Jack.

He'd started to take more of an interest in me since the week before Shawn and I left for his tour. I didn't mind, he seemed like a nice person, I just wouldn't necessarily trust him with my life.

The halls were noisy with the sound of chatter. I don't know if it's cause I was gone so long or what, but there seemed to be twice as many students at Pine Ridge.

Jack's office was on the first floor, all the way at the end of the hall, right across from the gym.  He ushered me in and closed the door behind him.  The room smelled like a mix between Hugo Boss cologne, sweat, and clean laundry.

He pulled the two chairs out from the front of his desk and moved them to where they were facing each other.  I sat down in one and crossed my arms, waiting for him to start talking.

"So, tell me what's going on."  He stared at me with a compassionate look on his face.  "And I don't want to hear 'oh it's nothing', cause trust me, I know girls fight, but it's always over something."

"Well," I sighed and told him the whole story since I'd moved up here.

"So all this is cause she hasn't forgiven you in a game of truth or dare?  That's shallow.  Anything and everything will go down in that game."  He shook his head.

"Thank you!  I've apologized to her, but she just doesn't get it."

"I understand.  But I also get it from her perspective, the person she's dating all of a sudden falls in love with someone else

"True true," I scuffed my shoe on the floor.

"You know, I don't blame Shawn.  Anyone who doesn't fall for you is a fool.  You're very smart and attractive."

I blushed and smiled, "Thanks."

"It's the truth."

The bell rang, which saved me from the slight uncomfortableness that filled the silence.

"Well I gotta go, see you tomorrow," I stood up.

"Bye Lily."

A/N:

Heyo guys!!  Omg I'm in the middle of summer school and it's a drag. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter!! Comment and vote if you want! See ya in the next one!! Love you guys!!! XXX