Chapter 40 - Congratulations

GIRL!!!

Shawn and I were going to have a baby girl!! The joy in my heart overflowed and I began sobbing. Shawn had tears glistening in his eyes as well. We were both so excited. Our little girl would be in our arms in four months!

Josiah continued to take pictures of us to capture this happy moment. My parents and Shawn's came over to us and joined in our celebration. My dad had gotten over his mood a few days ago and was now willing to help me and Shawn if we needed anything.

"Congratulations you two. I am so excited to have a granddaughter." My mom hugged me and my dad nodded.

"Me too," Karen agreed.

The six of us stood there being happy for a little while before the guests around us started congratulating us. Vivian pushed through the group of people and squealed. "I'm so excited that you're having a girl!!"

"Same Viv!" I exclaimed.

She then focused everyone's attention on the chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting that were being brought out of the house. My mouth started to water, I eat anything that's chocolate.

She led me and Shawn to the table so we could get out dessert first. I grabbed two cupcakes for good measure, I was eating for two after all. We sat back down at the table and ate our food in silence, listening to the happy chatter of the people all around.

Teddy and Brian walked up to us with glasses of something dark and fizzing. "It's sparking cranberry juice."

I accepted the glass gratefully and sipped at my drink. It tasted so good! "Thank you."

"Congrats on the girl!" Teddy exclaimed.

"Thanks man," Shawn patted his shoulder.

"Sooooo, you're naming her Theodora, right?"

"We haven't decided on a name yet, there are five that are currently on the table. But that isn't one of them."

"You're missing out. I think it's a great name."

I giggled and finished off my cupcake. "Be that as it may, I don't know if she'll appreciate it."

"Oh gee thanks." He rolled his eyes and downed the last of his drink. "I have to go, I'll see you on Monday. Once again, congrats!!"

We said our farewells to him and got up as well. It was getting late and I for one was really tired. Shawn wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. I snuggled into his warm body and sighed in contentment.

Our parents were conversing at one of the far tables, so we met up with them. Bailey and Aaliyah were off somewhere else, probably inside.

"We are so happy for you two!" Manny said.

"Yes, I agree," my dad replied.

"Thank you," Shawn and I grinned.

"What are you plans on what to do next?" My mom asked.

"Well, probably start shopping for baby clothes." Shawn chuckled.

"And decide on baby names," I added.

"I like the name Winona," my mom told us.

"It's too old fashioned. Plus isn't it that lady's name who plays Jo in Little Women with Christian Bale?" I shook my head.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

I rested my head on Shawn's chest and listened to his heartbeat. It was so soothing. I didn't even realize the time passing until my parents stood up.

"I think it's time for us to head home." My dad said.

"Would you mind if I spent the night here?" I asked.

"Go ahead. Bailey is sleeping over as well. We'll see you tomorrow." My parents agreed.

Shawn and I got up and headed inside together. We waved to our sisters who were watching a movie in the living room and stuffing their faces with the left over cupcakes.

When we got to his room, Shawn rapidly took his shirt off and joined me in his bed. He laid down next to me and we spooned. He was the big spoon obviously. My eyelids fluttered closed and I relaxed in his arms.

•••

"Baby, wake up." Shawn was gently shaking me.

"Mmph," I groaned and rolled over. "Five more minutes."

He giggled and kissed my cheek, "Come on. My mom made waffles."

At that word, my stomach began making noises, signaling the growing hunger I had. "I am up."

As I sat up, the baby decided to have a dance party or something right on my bladder. "Be right back babe."

I ran to the bathroom just in time. "Honey, you can't just jump around like that, I almost peed in your daddy's bed."

"Who are you talking to? And I don't care, I would have changed the blankets like I always do after one of our escapades in the sheets."

I blushed bright red at his comment. Even though I was literally pregnant, I still wasn't 100% used to the sexual talk. Shawn liked it though cause he said it was cute when I looked flustered. So I guess it's whatever.

I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled. Not to brag or anything, but I looked pretty cute when I was pregnant. Shawn came behind me and wrapped his arms around my belly.

He began planting wet kisses down the side of my neck. I pulled my hair to one side and tilted my head to give him more access. His lips worked their magic, sucking and pulling at my sensitive skin, creating a pattern of purple bruises.

I let out a soft moan and reached up to run my fingers through his curly locks. I felt his hand move lower and squeeze my butt, causing me to let out a little yelp. He took this opportunity to capture my lips with his.

He turned me around to face him, my back pressed against the cold marble counter. My hands stayed in his hair, and his on my butt and waist.

I heard him growl deep in his throat and was about to dip his hand inside the waistband of my, or I should say his that I borrowed, sweatpants, when a loud knock sounded on the door.

"Whoever's in there," it was Aaliyah, "Breakfast is ready."

"Thank you sister. I'll be out in 5 seconds." He straighten his shirt out and combed a hand through his hair.

There were seven hickeys that were prominent all down my neck and across my collar bone. I laughed and arranged my hair neatly around my shoulders to cover as much of the damage as possible.

Once we had gotten settled, we went downstairs to face Shawn's family and my sister. They had all began eating and continued to do so once we had sat down, only stopping to pass us plates of food and such.

We ate in silence and no questions were asked about what Shawn and I had just been doing. These waffles were so good. I loaded mine with Nutella and whipped cream because I was crazy and craving something sweet.

I stuffed my food down relatively quickly and went over to play the piano. First off, I played Riptide by Vance Joy, then followed that with If I Could Fly by One Direction. Shawn came over after he'd finished and sang with me.

I played piano for a good 2 hours before having to stop because my voice was hoarse from belting out the lyrics to every song. I could honestly say I was very happy. Being with Shawn, and my daughter, who was still growing in my belly, made me the happiest person in earth.

A/N:

Congratulations to @shawnnmendes21 and @swimmingforeva123 for guessing Baby Mendes' gender! I applaud both of you 👏🏻👏🏻 By the way, Happy Halloween! I'm dressing up as Poison Ivy tonight 😜 I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter, I liked writing it. Comments and votes are appreciated. I'll see y'all next time! Love you guys!!! XXX