Chapter 20 - Questions and Answers

Excitement was thick in the air.  It was 30 minutes till showtime and everyone was racing around.  We could hear the rumble of the fans' voices in the stadium from backstage.

At the moment, I was sewing a hole Shawn tore into his jacket during his last performance.  The amount of repair I have to do for him is monstrous, but I love it.

"How ya doing hun?"  Caring arms wrapped around my shoulders and squeezed me tight.

"Oh I'm great!  Just finishing up the last stitches."

"Now that I'm without your kisses, I'll be needing stitches."

"You're too cute."  I smiled and blushed.

"Why thank you."

"Quite the dapper fellow."  I kissed his cheek.

He spun me around to face him and pressed his lips against mine.  "You are so precious to me."

"You are too."  I giggled and hugged him tightly.

"Hey, would you mind being in the audience tonight?"

"Not at all!  It'll be awesome."

"Sweet.  Oh, what's your favorite song that's not mine?"

"Perfect by Ed Sheeran."

"Cool.  I gotta go finish prepping with the guys.  I'll see you in a few."  He kissed me one last time and walked away.

I checked the time and it was 10 minutes to showtime. I skipped out the door and around the stadium to the entrance where I flashed my all access pass.

A few girls recognized me and asked to take pictures. After we'd finished, I rushed to the floor where my seat was waiting. It was third row right next to the cat walk.

The lights suddenly dimmed, and everyone started cheering. Shawn came running out and began playing There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back.

The energy of the music filled my heart and I started crying. I don't know if it was pregnancy hormones or the joy of seeing the guy I love, and who I hope loves me, perform a few feet away.

Shawn and I made eye contact throughout the show.  He winked, smiled, and even grabbed my hand.  I grinned and sang my lungs out.

"Okay.  I want to do something special since this is my last show before going home for Christmas.  Now, she doesn't know I'm about to do this."  He began playing chords on his guitar.

"I met a girl three months ago, she's actually in the audience right now.  She has completely changed the way I see and do life.  You ever meet someone and think, wow, they're the most beautiful and amazing person in the world?"

"I found a love, for me.  Darling just dive right in and follow me lead.  Oh I found a girl, beautiful and sweet.  I never knew you were the someone waiting for me..."

Tears streamed down my face as Shawn walked down the stage and stood above where I was.  Everyone who stood around me clapped.  Josiah and Geoff lifted me up onto the stage to stand next to Shawn.  The whole stadium erupted in cheers.

"Baby I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms.  Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song.  When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, but you heard it, darling you look perfect tonight."

I put a hand over my mouth and the tears continued to fall.  Is it possible that he'd love someone like me?

"Ladies and gentlemen, if everyone could reach under their seats, there's a piece of paper taped to the bottom.  Please pull it off and hold it up in the air."