Chapter 59 - Lies

"What are we going to do about Jack?" Shawn whispered to me as the five of us made our way into the restaurant.

"I feel like my mom won't believe me if I straight out tell her what he did. Cause she may just think I don't approve or something and am making up excuses." I replied and sighed.

"What are you two talking about?" Bailey cut in between us.

"Oh, nothing. We were trying to decide how we were going to reveal the baby's name to you guys." I said.

"Oo you finally chose a name!!"

Shawn nodded and grinned, "After what feels like a million months."

"Yay! I can't wait to hear it later!"

We were led to our seats after my mom gave the hostess her name. Our table was in a secluded area off on the patio. I sat in between Shawn and Bailey, and my mom and Jack sat across from us.

"How has tour been treating you Shawn?" My mom asked him.

"It's been great! Your daughter is such a huge help to me."

"That's great to hear." She turned her attention to me, "And how have you been sweetie?"

"I've been pretty good. I had lunch with Dad-"

"I don't want to hear about that man and his hoe of a fiancée."

"Okay, sorry." I put my hands up defensively. I didn't like talking about them, so I'm glad we were on the same page.

The waiter took our drink order and came back with our beverages.

"So Jack," I smiled at him. "You look like you exercise. Done any of that lately?"

I felt Shawn kick my leg under the table, but I ignored him.

Jack seemed to have a faint idea of where I was going with this, but played it off well. "I have a gym membership and I do work out often."

"I feel like you'd be a good P.E. teacher."

Both he and Shawn choked on their waters and spend the next few seconds coughing and trying to breathe. Bailey and my mom stared at them for a while until they regained their composure.

"Teaching has never really been something I'm in to."

"Ah I see." I crossed my arms.

Shawn excused himself from the table and went over to the restrooms. Bailey began talking about everything she's done so far this summer and I felt my phone vibrate.

Shawn- What was that?!

Me- I don't know what you're talking about

Shawn- What happened to playing it cool?

Me- I never agreed to that

Shawn- Please stop bringing up the subject until you can discuss this with him privately

Me- Fine