Chapter 14 - Dreams Coming True

Welp, the day had finally arrived.  Friday, November 17th, Shawn's first performance.  Everyone was rushing to get ready.  I had picked out Shawn's outfit the day before.

This was going to be my first time being backstage during one of his concerts.  He offered to give me a V.I.P. pass, but I decided to stick with my all access pass, it got me more places.

Obviously I was super excited, but for some reason I was also really nervous.  Probably because Shawn and I were awkwardly friendly to one another.

I still felt like he hated me. But he appeared to have moved on, which I was glad of. He'd been dropping very subtle hints about a girl the past few days. As much as I didn't want to admit it, whoever she was is extremely lucky.

"Ok, yeah I know. Ok I promise." Shawn strolled into his dressing room while on the phone.

"Yes hun. Ok I gotta go, I'll text you after the show, bye Faye."

What the...

"Hey Shawn, who were ya talking to?" I could feel my eye twitching.

"Oh, Faye and I were thinking about getting back together."

I swear it took every fiber in my body not to scream. I get that he's hurt and trying to move on.... but to get back with the girl he had no feelings for and attacked me!?!? Uh uh, I don't think so honey.

"You sure that's a good idea? I mean you guys won't be able to see each other for a while." I tried not to sound like a psychotic person.

"It's better than being depressed I guess."

Ouch.

"Look, I'm really sorry about what I said a few days ago, I was a bit harsh," I sighed.

He started walking out of the room and muttered, "Then maybe you shouldn't have said it."

"Excuse me?!"

"You seem to still care about me."

"Yeah I do, but I'm not the one trying to get back with my ex, who assaulted the girl I obviously have feelings for."

"I'm not discussing this anymore. I'll see you at the meet and greet." He stalked away.

I broke down in tears again. I screwed up for the millionth time. I should have not said anything when we were dancing and let my emotions have their way. But no, I wanted to guard my heart cause I had gotten hurt too many times.

Any chance I would have to date Shawn was violently dumped into the trash. I ruined everything I touched. If I had the opportunity again to either give in to my love or not, I would jump for it without a doubt.

With a sigh I shook off my dark thoughts and focused on the task at hand. Shawn's meet and greet was in two hours and I had to help organize everything.

Being the curious person I was, I had to sneak a peek at the line. Needless to say, it was at least a mile long. My jaw dropped in utter surprise.

I began walking down the side of the line of fangirls and fanboys. Pretty soon, I recognized three familiar faces.  "Hannah, Josie, Teresa!"

"Oh hey Lily!!" Their eyes lit up as I ran over to them.

"How are you girls?"

"We're fantastic! So excited to meet Shawn finally!" Teresa exclaimed.

"I bet! Wow, it's so great to see you three again!"

"You too!" Hannah smiled.

"Oh, Josie. Check Shawn's wrist when you meet him," I grinned.