Chapter 25 - Backstage Frolics

Four months later

"Thank you Lisbon!" Shawn ran off stage while waving to the screaming crowd.

I was there to greet him with a hug and a kiss as soon as he came backstage. Sweat poured down his forehead and he was panting.

"You were awesome Shawn!"

"Thank you Lil," he smiled and kissed my cheek.

Vivian handed him a bottle of water which he began chugging. I sat down on one of the sofas and looked down at the food on the table, "Ice cream and pickles sounds really good right now."

"Oh my god, that's disgusting," Shawn puckered his lips.

"What? It's the perfect balance of sweet and salty," I shrugged.

"No, Shawn's right. Ice cream and pickles sound disgusting." Vivian nodded in agreement.

"Here, I'll make a poll on Instagram to see what everyone thinks." I pulled out my phone and set up a poll.

Within a few minutes, 97% of people had agreed with Shawn and Vivian. What I didn't realize was that ice cream and pickles was one of the most stereotypical strange pregnancy food cravings.

Shawn started walking to his dressing room, singing Love Story by Taylor Swift. Vivian and I stood there smiling at him.

"God I love him," I hugged Vivian.

"I bet you do! You guys are perfect."

"Well, I better start planning his outfit for the next show."

"Hey, after you're done, do you want to go pick some things up from the store with me?"

"Sure! See ya in a few!" I started jogging toward Shawn's dressing room.

It was at the end of the hall of rooms. I knocked on his door, which he opened immediately.

"What's up?" He closed the door behind me, "You want a mimosa?"

"No thanks, I'm good," I stood in front of his closet of clothes.

The strong scent of Shawn Signature was wafting around the small enclosed space. Since we were jumping on a plane to Berlin tomorrow, I had to start thinking of some preliminary outfit ideas early.

"Can I wear the red shirt?"

I turned to face a shirtless Shawn, "Oh, yeah sure."

"Cool."

I walked over to him and he pulled out his phone.  I smiled and he snapped a picture.  We stood together in front of the mirror and he wrapped one arm around my waist.  The shirt I was wearing was fitted so I could feel his warm fingers.

Shawn took another picture of us, "That's hot."

"Um, I think the correct words are 'you're' not 'that'," I chuckled.

"Oh ha ha very funny Lily."

"Just saying!"  I put my hands up defensively, "Oh, I gotta go. I'm going out with Viv to get some stuff from the store."