Chapter 43 - The Calm...

Shawn lay panting next to me. Sweat dripped down his back and his cheeks were flushed. We had just finished round three of our excursions. I pulled the covers up over us and snuggled into my pillow.

"You are stunning." Shawn kissed my forehead.

"Thanks babe," I replied.

Last night had burned holes into my brain. The lap dance and Faye's kiss hung in the forefront. I imagined that Vanessa got a video of them and posted it all over her 50 social media accounts. The one of me and Teddy was probably out there somewhere too.

Did I want to check my phone? Yes. Should I? No. Was I going to? Another yes.

I reached across and pulled my phone from the nightstand. As usual, I had a million texts from various people, as well as Instagram and Twitter notification.

I opened up the news about Shawn, and sure enough, there were the videos from yesterday. I groaned as I read the headlines.

'Shawn and Mystery Girl Share Some Hot PDA!'

'Does Lily Ryder Have A New Boyfriend!?'

'Exclusive: Lily Caught With Another Man!!'

'New Couple Alert! Shawn Mendes and Ex Girlfriend Get Back Together!!"

"Shawn," I wrapped my arm around him. "You seen these?"

"Not yet, I have to sike myself up first." He nuzzled his nose into my neck.

"Apparently I've either cheated on you, or we've broken up according to TMZ."

He started laughing and sat up. "Give me that."

After scanning through all the articles, he handed me back my phone and grabbed his, "I am going to end these people's careers."

"What did you have in mind?"

"I'm gonna post a 'steamy' picture of us on my Instagram story."

He set his phone up on my nightstand and leaned over me. His lips attached to mine and I knew exactly what his plan was. We turned so that our faces could be clearly seen from his camera.

We began kissing with more fervor as the timer counter down from 10. Once the picture was taken, our lips detached and we inspected the photo. It was perfect.

"Send that to me. It's gonna be my new wallpaper."

"Yes ma'am." Shawn saluted and grinned.

He added the picture to his story with the caption 'Mornings with her'. When I checked his hashtag, I saw a bunch of people had reposted the picture almost instantly.

"Looks like we're in the clear," I sighed.

I heard some shouting downstairs. What could my parents be arguing over this time? My dad's always spending extra hours at work ever since we moved up here. I could tell it was taking a toll on my mom. Frankly, it was affecting all of us.

My parents hardly agreed on anything these days. They were usually either not on speaking terms, or getting ready to fight. My dad nagged my mom about so much insignificant stuff, and she did the same right back.

Sure, they always seemed civil when they were in the public eye, bur behind closed doors was when the monsters came out. I swear they were possessed or something. From what I could make out, my mom was mad at my dad for not coming home till this morning.

I rolled my eyes at the din. My stomach growled, signaling it was time for me, and my daughter, to eat. "Shawn, I'm gonna get a croissant and some yogurt from downstairs. Do you want anything?"

"If you have any granola bars, that would be great."

I gave him a thumbs up and skipped downstairs. I met Bailey as she was climbing up the stairs. "Going to my friend's house. Be back tomorrow."

"Have fun! See ya tomorrow." I hugged her.

My parents' voices were getting louder now. They were standing in the kitchen and I swore I saw the glass vibrate cause of their noise. I got my and Shawn's food and charged back upstairs.

"Promise me that we'll never fight like them," I sighed.

"I promise." Shawn placed his hand over his heart.

"This is actually a good day, usually there's a lot more profanity. You might even say it's calm for now."

"What, like the calm before the storm?"

"Probably. It'll usually only get worse as the day progresses."

Shawn nodded and took the snack I handed to him. We ate in silence for a while before I spoke. "Can I paint your nails?"

"Sure, but what for?" He looked a bit confused.

"I think you would look cool." We both laughed.

My nail polish was sitting in a box on my floor, so I slid it over and began searching through the mess to find the color I saw looking for. Once my fingers found it, I pulled out a black matte polish and my top coat.

"You'll look all punk rock."

"I'm sure the fans will love it." He held out his hands and I got to work.

After about half an hour, my work was completed. I let Shawn's hands sit out to dry while I cleaned up the mess. My phone rang, almost making me spill tar-like paint on my hardwood floor.

"Hi Teddy."

"Heyyyy! So, you read the headlines?"

"Yeah I did."

"Well thanks to you, I gained 3 thousand followers last night."

"Is that all you wanted to call me about? To thank me for increasing your clout?"

"No, I wanted to say that maybe you should skip school on Monday cause of Faye."

"Why would I skip?"

"Cause she's going to be extra annoying."

"Nothing I can't handle."

"True that. Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Teddy."

I ran my hands through my hair and laid down on the floor. Shawn crawled over and cuddled up to me. We lay like that for a while, jus enjoying each other's company.

He was drawing little patterns on my arm with his finger. This human will never cease to amaze me. I swear I fall more in love every day I'm with him. Our daughter will grow up in a family where there is nothing but love and support surrounding her.

Shawn's parents made it work, why can't mine? I guess that's a risk of marriage, sometimes hearts break too much to be fixed. And yet, I know there are extenuating circumstances sometimes, if two people truly love each other, why can't they make it work?

I swear I will do whatever I can to keep a good relationship with Shawn. I will fight for us.

A/N:

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! Things are going heat up next time *evil grin*. Anyway, I'll see ya in the next chapter! Comment and vote if you'd like. I love everyone!!! XXX