Chapter 12 - Arrival

I felt someone shaking me awake so I moaned and opened my eyes. Shawn smiled down at me and I smiled back. "Hey Lily, we just landed in London."

"Oh yay!" I shook all the sleepiness off and craned my neck toward the window. It was cloudy today, but super pretty too.

"What do you think?"

"Oh it's... it's wonderful! I can't wait to get off the plane and see the sights!"

"It's almost 2pm, so I should have time to show you around a bit before dinner."

"That would be so cool."

"It's a date then!"

Even though I knew that was just a way of saying 'sounds good', my heart still fluttered.  Was I over him? No. Was I ever going to be over him? Probably not. I guess I was still holding on to that one little thread of hope that one day I'd see the spark in his eye that appeared after we first kissed.

It was all most likely wishful thinking on my part. We made an agreement to never show any feelings if or when we had them. And when we did have them, we would do our best to eliminate them.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for choosing us for your flight to the beautiful islands of the United Kingdom," the flight attendant spoke over the speaker.

"How far is Heathrow Airport from our hotel? And where are we staying?" I asked Shawn as we unbuckled our seatbelts and stepped into the isle to grab our carry-ons.

"If I remember correctly, I believe about an hour? We're staying at the Intercontinental London." He reached up and gave me my small suitcase.

"Ok, sweet."  We walked out of the plane.  There was a chill in the air so I pulled my jacket closer around me.  Luckily when we got inside the airport it was a lot warmer.

Four security guards met us at the gate.  They escorted all of us in the direction of the van that was waiting for us outside.  What was decided was that Shawn would meet a few fans and then head to the car, meanwhile his crew and I would gather all the suitcases and supplies.

Before we had even got sight of the fans, I could hear them on the other side of the wall.  I hoped there weren't too many because I know they all wanted to meet Shawn.  We turned the corner and there were rows and rows of girls and boys all screaming.

Shawn grinned and waved to everyone.  The security guards guided him along the wall of fans and he began greeting them.  All eyes were on him and hardly anyone took notice of the rest of us.

Once I got to the baggage claim, I quickly grabbed all my suitcases off the conveyer belt and began removing Shawn's things as well.  Three young teenage girls approached me nervously.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, how can I help you?"  I smiled at them and they whispered among themselves.

"Can we get a picture with you?"  The tallest girl asked me.

I was a little surprised, no one had asked me that before.  "Oh, of course!"

They smiled and each took a selfie with me. "Thank you so much!"

"Yeah you're very welcome!  Are you coming to Shawn's show this Friday?"