Chapter 16 - Birthday Fun

"So since it's your birthday, we all wanted to take you out," Josiah wrapper his arm around my shoulder.

"You guys are so sweet!! Thank you! Anywhere you had in mind?" I smiled and hugged him.

"I hear the pubs are great in Ireland," Shawn turned to me, "And Lily since you're 18 now you can legally drink."

"I didn't realize I could, but ok I'm up for it!"  I nodded.

The rest of the crew agreed, and so after settling ourselves and our gear at the hotel we would be staying at, we all piled into cabs and headed off to the nearest pub.

•••

When we arrived, there weren't very many people there since it was a Thursday night.  I felt a little weird ordering something to drink.  In Canada, the drinking age is 19, but in Europe it's 18.

Mike told the bartender about Shawn's albums and so she put a pop station on the loud radio.  At the moment, Pentatonix's version of Hallelujah was playing.

More people started coming to the pub the later it got.  It seemed to be a full house, of course quite a few of the people inside were part of Shawn's crew.

A few drinks in, I started to feel the alcohol affecting my brain. Everything started to get fuzzy. I decided I'd had enough to drink, I wanted to be sober enough to potentially defend myself from any drunk who got it in his head to mess around with me.

Besides, my body wasn't used to having any alcohol. I looked across the room and saw Shawn downing another pint, boy that man can drink. Of course he's had more experience.

One of Shawn's newer songs, Roses, came on the radio.  He seemed to notice because he put down his glass and walked out to a little clearing in the middle of the floor and started slow dancing with himself.

I giggled and sat back watching him.  His eyes locked onto mine and he sauntered over to me.  I could tell the alcohol was starting to affect him as well, but he was still mostly sober.

The warmth of his arms surrounded me as he guided me out to the makeshift dance floor he created.  With his body pressed up against mine, I could feel his heartbeat.

The light the pub was casting created a certain glow around Shawn that was mesmerizing.  His eyes pierced into mine and it felt like he was staring deep into my soul.

"Shawn-" my voice caught in my throat.  I didn't want to betray all the emotions that were welling up inside me.

"Did anyone ever tell you how beautiful you are?"  He smiled down at me.

"Shawn, what are you-" his lips cut me off. He kissed me gently at first, then continued hungrily.

I was afraid to fall in love, for if I did I thought I wouldn't be able to get back up. I kissed him back, our lips and breathing syncing together until we became one. I didn't want to let go of him.

I could taste the alcohol still lingering on his lips.  I knew people were starting to stare, but I didn't care anymore.  We parted lips for a moment and I collapsed in his arms with pure happiness.

Shawn's POV:

The lights in the pub were casting a different kind of glow on Lily.  I don't know if the alcohol was affecting me, or if I was truly falling in love with her.  As I stood here slow dancing with her, time seemed to stand still.

Do I betray my inmost feelings and tell Lily that I love her?  She likes me, I would guess she loves me, it was so hard to read girls, whether they're just being nice or if there's something more. What am I thinking??? Of course she doesn't love you. It's just a mutual liking.

The song ended and Strip That Down by Liam Payne (A/N: ONE DIRECTION REST IN PEACE💜) came on next.  I felt Lily shift away from me so I let her go.

Lily's POV:

Strip That Down started playing, yes my jam!!  I loosened myself from Shawn and when he let go, I started dancing.  I could feel his eyes on me as I moved.  An audible growl came from his throat when I began to sway my hips.

When I turned around, I felt him put his hands on my hips and his chin in the crook of my neck, "Don't stop."

Enjoying this feeling of power over him, I smiled and kissed his nose, "Never."

We danced together until a brawny guy came over to us.  "Mind shifting over to let someone else in?"

Shawn turned to look at him and I sensed danger in the air, "Why don't you mind your own business."

The guy shoved Shawn as Jake came hustling over. He forcefully removed the guy and threw him outside. Shawn wrapped his arms around me, "Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine," my voice was a bit shaky, "Thank you Shawn."

He kissed the top of my head, "I won't let anyone hurt you.  You're mine and I'll take care of you."

My heart skipped a beat, was Shawn being protective of me?  Does he possibly love me?  I gazed into his eyes and saw something that I saw in myself... fear of rejection.

"I feel it too Shawn," I pulled him in for another kiss.  This time it was different.  There was more dominance and power behind it.  Shawn seemed to grow more confident.

I felt butterflies in my stomach and love in my heart.  If this is love, I've fallen so hard.  We pulled apart and Shawn cupped his hands around my cheeks, "We need to go back to my hotel room.right.now."

•••

When we got back to the hotel Shawn paid the cabby and helped me out of the car.  We hurried inside and quietly dodged some paparazzi.  The eight rooms we were all staying in were on the seventh floor.

Shawn pulled a key from his pocket and unlocked the door of his room.  It opened noiselessly and he pulled me inside and locked the door behind us.

The room was rather large, a medium sized bathroom, two queen sized beds, and a little tv occupied the space.  The room was brightly lit by some lamps, as well as a few overhead lights.  There were curtains on the windows that were pulled tight.  However I could see the outline of some stars outside.

"I have to ask, are you ok with this?"  Shawn searched my face for consent.

I hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Yes Shawn, I am ok with this."

His hands found my face and he pulled me into a kiss.  I could feel the desire that was boiling up inside me.  I know he felt the same way.  He stopped kissing me for a moment and I felt him smile against my lips.

Then in one swift motion, he scooped me up into his arms.  I wrapped my legs around his waist and continued to kiss him.  The taste of alcohol was still very strong.  We weren't drunk, but I knew we were starting to be affected.

Shawn and I broke apart for a breath of air.  I hugged him tight and giggled, "Wow, you're a great kisser."

"Haha thanks, you are too," he chuckled back.

He gently laid me down on the soft bed and started to unbutton his black shirt.  His abs, oh lord.  Whenever Shawn took his shirt off it was like heaven on earth.  I bit my lip to keep from sighing as my eyes roamed around his exposed torso.

He crawled onto the bed, straddled my hips, and started planting wet kisses all along my neck and collarbone.  I suppressed a moan and ran my fingers through his dark hair.

To be completely honest, I'd never done anything like this before.  I was half scared and half excited.

A/N:

I've never had much alcohol so I don't know what it's like to get drunk haha. Who else loves One Direction?  This chapter was fun to write and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Don't forget to comment and vote!  See you in the next chapter!!  Love you guys!!  XXX