Chapter 52 - Brunettes and a Ginger

The Staples Center was lit up for tonight's show. Shawn knew my favorite artist was Ed Sheeran, I just never expected him to take me to one of his concerts.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I shouted when he handed me the tickets.

"I'm dead serious!" He grinned. "I even talked with Ed and arranged a meet and greet for you."

I clapped a hand over my mouth and jumped into his arms. "This is the best day ever!!"

"Anything for my girl." He kissed my cheek.

I had gotten ready so fast. Winged eyeliner and leather jacket on point. Now that I was standing in the arena, my heart started beating so fast. This was everything I'd ever dreamed of and more.

A security guard led us through the crowd of fans and to doors that read 'NO ACCESS'. People got excited when they saw me and Shawn and waved at us.

The guard led us down a stairwell to what appeared to be ground level. We came out on to the floor and he guided us down the side aisle, past rows and rows of people, and up to the barricade. The two other security guards who were standing there made room for us to walk by.

We were taken to a set of double doors and beyond that, he let us walk around on our own.

"Mr. Sheeran is in his dressing room."

We thanked him and headed in that direction. I was getting more and more excited with each step I took. Shawn held my hand as squeezed it when we got to the door that Ed was behind.

Shawn knocked twice and a British voice was heard saying, "Come in!"

I tried to calm my nerves as he opened the door. As I stepped in, I was greeted by a ginger walking over to me with a big smile on his face and an outstretched hand.

"You must be Lily! Your boyfriend has told me so much about you. I feel like we're already friends!"

My eyes widened and I blushed and returned his handshake. "It's so good to meet you Ed. I've been a huge fan of your music for the longest time."

"Oh fantastic! Which one is your favorite?" He motioned for us to come further in and sat down in one of the chairs.

"Hands down Perfect."

"I really like that one too."

I smiled at him and glanced around the spacious room. "This is pretty nice."

"Yeah, I spend a lot of time in dressing rooms like this."

Someone came in with three glasses of water. We all took one and continued our conversation.

"So, first off, let me offer you my congrats on the baby!"

"Thank you!" Shawn and I replied in unison.

"When is she due?"

"August 23rd!" I said.

"Oh nice!"

"Definitely. We're going to be home during that time so it'll be really good."

Ed's tour manager came in and told him that it was five minutes till showtime. Shawn and I stood up and walked towards the door. "Have a fantastic show! Rock their socks off."

"Cheers mates!" He waved as we left.

We were escorted back to our seats by three security guards. Within a few minutes, Ed came on stage. I freaked out like I thought I would, even though I literally spent the last 30 minutes chatting with him like an old friend.

"Shawn! I can't believe this is real!!" I shook his arm.

"Hahaha, I love you baby." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek while we sang our hearts out.