Chapter 15 - Healing Broken Hearts

"Thank you London!!"  A sweat drenched Shawn bowed and waved.

I stood by with a change of clothes and fresh bottle of water.  When Shawn walked off stage he was beaming.  I handed him the stuff and he thanked me.  At least we're still on talking terms.

Since there was going to be another show here tomorrow, no one bothered tearing down the set.  I sat down on the sofa and let my aching feet rest.  I'd been standing stage left watching Shawn perform and my voice was hoarse from singing.

"What'd you think?  It seemed like you had a good time from the look on your face."  Vivian sat next to me and smiled.

"Oh definitely!  I've never seen a concert from this angle before but it was amazing!!"  I exclaimed and sat up straight.

"I agree!  I've been with Shawn since the beginning, and his performances keep getting better and better."

"Why thank you Viv!"  Shawn came up behind her.  "And how do you think I did Lily?"

"I was just telling Vivian.  You were amazing!  I am so proud of everything you've accomplished!"  I gushed and sighed.

"Thanks Lil!" His face was beaming.

The ringing of a phone interrupted us, it was Shawn's.

"Hello?... Oh hi! How are you?... That's great!... It was awesome! Thanks for asking. Hey, I need to go, but I'll call you when I get back to the hotel.... Ok, talk to you soon.... Bye Faye."

Vivian gave me a look. I shot her one back that said, if you say anything I'll kill you.

The crew packed up their things for the day and we all drove back to the hotel.  Shawn and I were in separate vans.  He was with the band, and I was with the sound crew.

When we all got back, there was a quick shuffling upstairs and then everyone was in their rooms.  I kicked my shoes off and jumped onto my and Vivian's bed.

"If anyone needs me, I'll be in dream land!"  I shouted at my roommates.

Shawn laughed and threw a pillow at me, "Just don't snore."

"I'm gonna go out with some of the crew for drinks," Vivian stated.

"I'll stay here, I promised I'd call my friend," he sighed.

"Not old enough," I chuckled.

"Okie dokie.  Then I guess I'll see you two later!"  She smiled and walked out with Mike.

Well this was low key awkward.  "What was your favorite part about tonight?"

"Seeing all the fans' faces.  How about you?"  Shawn climbed onto his and Mike's bed.

"Seeing all your energy and passion."

"Aww, thanks," he blushed.

And right on queue, his phone rang.  I assume it was Faye calling again.  I got a little heartbroken when he started talking to her again.  I mean I know I rejected him, but I didn't want to.

Faye and I have had some rough patches, and I do want Shawn to be happy, I'm just not sure it's with her.  He broke up with her because he didn't have feelings for her.

He was about to answer the call when I spoke.  "Wait, don't answer it."

"What?"  He looked a bit surprised, but declined the call.

Okay, don't make a fool of yourself.  Explain your feelings now or else he'll think your crazy.

"I know this is the very last thing you want to hear right now. But there's no time like the present right?"