Chapter 41 - Shopping

"Do you need anything else?" Bailey called after me.

"No, thank you. I've got everything I need." I was going prom dress shopping with Vivian today. Shawn and I agreed to keep our outfits a surprise for each other, otherwise we'd go shopping together.

"Okay, have fun!"

I slung my purse over my shoulder and stepped outside onto the porch to wait for Vivian. She arrived within a few minutes and we went on our way, jamming out to the radio.

The first stop on our journey was a dress shop near the mall. It had all kinds of dresses, wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, prom dresses, and just plain fancy dresses.

A young woman scurried up to us. She had bright pink hair that was pulled up into a fishtail bun and a shiny gold ring dangled from her septum. Her name tag read 'Crystal'. She seemed a few years older than I am.

"How can I help you? What are we looking for today? My name is Crystal!" She must have been on 50 energy drinks or something.

"Hi, I'm looking for a prom dress." I smiled at her.

"Oh fantastic! Cutting it a little close? I think we have a few more. The season is starting soon so a lot of our stock is sold out." She explained and led us deeper into the maze of fabrics.

There were rows upon rows of dresses that were arranged by color and size. Crystal stopped in front of a bunch of navy blue dresses. "These are your color, as well as lavender, burgundy, black, and any darker shade. If you don't care about matching based on your looks, you can wear anything."

I scanned the room and my eye caught sight of a mermaid style burgundy dress. "That one looks pretty."

The three of us walked over to it and Crystal pulled it from the rack. "This is one of our most popular styles this season. However, I don't think it would work with your maternity bump. Some more loose fitting dressed would be more flattering. With all due respect."

"No I totally get you. It's all good."

"How about this one?" She motioned towards a dark purple, flowy dress that transitioned into a royal blue.

"That's gorgeous!" I exclaimed and clapped my hands.

"I'm gonna give you a size that's too large for you, that way your bump will be able to even everything out. If it's too long I can always have it adjusted."

She handed me the dress and pointed in the direction of the fitting rooms. I quickly changed and came out to show my admirers. Crystal squealed and Vivian whistled.

"Shawn's going to have a hard time keeping his hands off if you."

"Shawn... Mendes?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Ohhhh you're Lily! I knew you looked familiar. My sisters and I are huge fans."

"How many sisters do you have?"

"Four, and no brothers."

"Wow, that's a lot."

"Mhmm," she nodded and started pinning a shorter hem onto the dress. "And congratulations on the baby girl!"

"Thank you." It had been a few days since the public announcement went out on Instagram and Twitter.

The media was having a field day with all this information. Even Bailey was getting emails from TMZ and Just Jared about interviews. I myself decline about an average of 25 emails a day. It's not like I didn't like the publicity, it's not the best but I deal with it. It's just that I was contractually obligated to not say anything and to let Shawn do all the talking. Gotta love management.