Chapter 27 - Excuses and Distractions

I stood there in shock, Shawn's going to find out!!! I have to do something to distract him. The first thing that came to my mind was falling over. There was enough room on the ground, so I suddenly collapsed against Shawn.

"Lily! Are you okay?" Shawn wrenched his arm out of the reporter's grasp.

Jake picked me up and started barreling through the rest of the mob. Vivian jumped inside the back with me, Jake, Shawn, and Andrew. I fluttered my eyelids open to see four concerned faces.

"What happened? Did someone hurt you?" Jake was holding on to my shoulders.

"No, I'm fine. I suddenly got claustrophobic and dizzy cause I haven't eaten today," I lied.

"Thank God you aren't hurt!" Vivian added.

Shawn wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes. "I was so worried about you!"

"I'm fine."

The car ride to the airport was quiet and long.  I was still stunned from earlier so I zoned out the majority of the way.  The other part was spent overthinking things.

When we arrived at the airport, there were fans and photographers waiting for us.  There was going to be no way we'd make it in unnoticed.  "Oh dear," Vivian sighed.

I began to cry.  Everyone looked over at me.  "I am fine, it's probably that time of the month soon."

Both Jake and Andrew looked as if they wanted to get hit by a bus.  That was most likely too much information for them.  But it was far from the truth.

Shawn pulled me onto his lap and I curled up into him. "I have an idea how we can get through the airport without getting mobbed."

"How?" I looked up at him.

"We can go in through arrivals, no one will suspect it."

Everyone nodded in agreement and I dried my tears.  The van pulled away and to the arrivals area.  Shawn, Andrew, Josiah, Vivian, and I snuck out of the car.

This portion of the airport was definitely more quiet.  There was only about 20 people here at most.  We were able to make it all the way to security before fans and paparazzi noticed us, but it was too late.

I heard voices calling from behind me, but everything was inaudible.  Everybody got through security relatively quickly and was seated at the departure gate in half an hour.

The events of the day rolled around in my head while I sat.  Doubt ket creeping into my mind.  What if Shawn is suspicious?  I need some good excuses and a distraction or two.

Boarding didn't start for another 20 minutes so I stood up and faced Shawn.  "Wanna go walking around for a bit?"

"Sounds good to me!"  He laced his fingers with mine.

We took off in the direction of food.  Just two hungry teenagers in a foreign country, totally normal.  Being pregnant, everything sounded tasty.  I stopped at a place that sold tamales and bought 4.

"Hungry much?"  Shawn raised his eyebrow and chuckled.

"Actually yeah, I am."  I nodded and lightly punched his arm.

Suddenly Shawn's phone rang, "What's up?... okay sure... yeah, we'll be right there."

"Who was that?"

"Brian.  He wants to talk about something and apparently couldn't say it over the phone."

We made our way back to our gate and met up with Brian.  He had a concerned look on his face and was pacing nervously around.