Chapter 8 - Out and Exposed

So... Shawn broke up with Faye. I hope it wasn't my fault. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it was.

My Saturday morning thoughts raced immediately to the events of the previous night. I was really glad I had two days before I was required to have social interaction. I needed some time to myself to recuperate.

I was all bundled up in bed and had no intention of getting up in any of the A.M. hours. I reached for my phone to find 50 million messages, calls, DMs, you name it.

I swear, if somebody leaked my nonexistent nudes...

I chuckled to myself and took a closer look at my notifications. The same three words caught my eye over and over again: Shawn Mendes, and kissing. Oh no.

I checked the latest news about Shawn and to my horror, saw my name:

Shawn Mendes Kisses Girlfriend Lily Ryder?

Shawn Mendes and Lily Ryder Share a Passionate Kiss.

Who is Lily Ryder? Juicy Deets About the Girl Who Stole Shawn Mendes' Heart!

Shawn Mendes Seen at Party Kissing Girlfriend.

Is Shawn Mendes Finally Taken?

I felt as if the quiet world around me shattered. When I was younger I thought it would be fun to be famous. Now I'm not so sure.

I opened my social media and noticed I had jumped up 300k followers overnight. Not to mention I had over 100k unread DMs.

Just then Shawn called me. "Hey Lily."

"Hi Shawn, what's up?"

"Did you see social media today?"

"How could I not. I also saw how the editors conveniently edited out the parts before and after we kissed." I rolled my eyes, it did look as if we just decided to kiss each other. Out of context, it did appear that we were dating.

"I would advise you to stay inside today. I'm scheduled for an interview today and I'm sure they'll bring it up. I'll just tell them the truth."

"I planned on doing that anyway haha. Ya know, you're always welcome to come over and do face masks with me."

"To be honest that sounds really relaxing. I may just take you up on that offer after my interview."

"Ok sounds good, I'll hold off doing masks till you come."

"Ok, talk to you later hun."

"Bye Shawnie."

I hung up and decided to answer some of my friends from the states' questions. A lot of them were the same, "OMG GURL HOW AND WHEN!?!?"

•••

The doorbell rang which made me jump. My family had decided to go sightseeing today so I had the house to myself. Who could that be? I hope they don't mind seeing me in my pjs!

I had on a burgundy and black Vans hoodie and fuzzy teal and purple elephant pants. Not to mention I had just scooped my hair up into a messy bun.

I crept downstairs and to the front door. When I opened it, there was Shawn! "Hey! I hope it's ok to come over."

"Yeah of course! Come on inside, I'll prepare the masks." This sounded so weird to say.

"Cool, I can't wait. What kind of masks are we wearing?"

"I was thinkin' honey, pumpkin, and clay."

"Sounds good enough to eat!"

"Yep. Oh, while we're relaxing, could I hear about the interview?"