Chapter 38 - 1+1=3

"Oh my god I don't think I've ever cried so much," I continued to blow my nose.

The movie had just ended and Shawn, Teddy, and I were walking back to Shawn's white Range Rover. It was getting dark now and a cool breeze was flowing through the trees.

"I was not expecting the Avengers to lose!" Teddy was still mad about the ending. "I want my money back. I did not pay to see Spiderman die like that."

"He's probably not dead, Marvel would get sued." Shawn pointed out.

"True, by me."

I chuckled and stuffed the remaining popcorn in my mouth. Shawn drove us back to the school so Teddy could get his car. We said goodbye and headed in the direction of my house.

All the lights were off, my parents were probably stuck at the office late. And Bailey had said earlier that she would be spending the night at a friend's. Shawn walked me to the door and stood there.

"You wanna come in for a bit?" I asked him.

"Why yes I do," he kissed my cheek.

I unlocked the door, pushed it open, and turned on some of the lights. There were chocolate chip cookies sitting out on the kitchen counter, so we grabbed a few.

"Since we told our parents, I think it's okay to post about the baby on Instagram." Shawn said between bites.

"Okay, cool. If you're up for it, we should take a cute picture." I grinned.

"I'm totally down. Oo, how about we take it sideways and I'm bending over kissing your belly?"

"I love it!"

We ran upstairs so I could change into a different outfit. I chose a black bra and black underwear to match and brushed my hair back over my shoulders. Shawn got his phone set up on the timer and came over to my empty wall.

"Well if you're going to be shirtless, so am I."

Shawn proceeded to slide his shirt off in probably the most attractive way ever. I bit my lip and held back a sigh.

Without any proper clothing on, my baby bump was definitely more prominent. I guess with nothing constraining it there was more room for letting things hang out.

"Shall we practice?" I asked.

Shawn nodded and got down on his knees. He gently pressed his lips against my stomach and kissed me slowly. The warmth and softness of his lips made me crave them on mine instead of my belly.

After a few seconds, he stood back up and jogged over to the camera. "Okay, I'm putting the timer on 10 seconds. Ready?"

He pressed the button then ran back over to me and got back into his previous position. We held our pose until the camera made the shutter sound and then we walked over to check the results.

"I really like how it turned out. What do you think babygirl?" Shawn slid his arm around my waist.

"I love it. Can you send it to me? I wanna frame it." I rested my head on his arm since I was too short to reach his shoulder.

"Will do." He kissed the top of my head, "Okay, help me think of a caption."

"How about '1+1=3'? Or maybe 'Baby Mendes coming topside in August'?"

"I like them both, why not '1+1=3 ❤️ Baby Mendes coming topside in August!!'"

"Love it."

Shawn put a nice black and white filter on the picture and typed in the caption. He tagged me in the photo and then posted it. Within a few seconds it had 10k likes and 4k comments.

We had just shared our little, but steadily growing, secret with the world. There was no going back now!

I put my clothes back on and climbed in Shawn's lap, who was siting cross-legged on my bed. I opened up Snapchat and took a few pictures of us. My phone suddenly began ringing and I saw that it was my sister.

"Hello?"

"OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!!!"

I guess she saw the picture. "Thank you!"

"No wonder he knocked you up."

"Bailey!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

I was extremely skeptical about that, "Sure you are Bay."

"I gotta go, my crush is supposed to FaceTime us." She hung up the phone before I could get a word out.

I tossed my phone over to the growing pile of clothes on the floor. I really needed to clean my room. It reminded me of a clothes hoarder's space... or lack thereof.

Shawn rested his face in the crook of my neck and started giving me wispy kisses. I smiled and pushed my hair to the side in order to allow him more access. I cannot stress enough how lucky I am to have him in my life. He is the perfect boyfriend.

I wanted to grow old with him if he'd have me. Granted, I wasn't always the easiest person to deal with, but when I loved something, I loved it hard. Plus I'm loyal to a fault, and I probably forgive some people too easily.

I ran my fingers down Shawn's arms and back up. He gave me a quick squeeze before continuing to kiss ms. His guitar tattoo sat open to the air and I began tracing it. I wanted to get a tattoo soon. I was thinking about a quote that said, 'She believed she could, so she did'. I also thought a rose would be really pretty too.

The door downstairs banged shut, signaling that my parents were home. Shouting could be heard all throughout the house. "I should probably go." Shawn suggested.

"Can you spend the night? I don't want to be alone with them." My voice quivered. To be honest, I was still scared of my parents when they were angry.

"Of course," he hugged me tightly. "If you'd prefer, you can stay at my house. We can sneak out and if anyone asks where you were, you can say you stayed at Vivian's."

"I'll take you up on that." I grinned and crawled out of Shawn's lap. My backpack was laying on the floor, so I grabbed it and stuffed some clothes inside, along with my phone and charger. "I'm ready."

Shawn made sure the coast was clear before beckoning for me to follow him down the hall. We climbed ever so carefully down the stairs and slid past the living room where my parents were screaming at each other.

I heard my name along with Shawn's and some expletives and I froze in my step. I guess my dad still hated me. Shawn held onto my hand and pulled me away from overhearing any more of the conversation. His car, and freedom, were waiting for us on the other side of the street.

When we got back to his house, his family was watching a movie. They all waved at me, such a difference from where I just came from. Shawn led me upstairs and to his all to familiar room.

There was something comforting about being at his house. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I could tell the second I walked in. It's always the same every time.

I curled up into a ball on his bed and pushed his pillow against my head. I heard muffled laughter and removed the fluffy object. "You good Lily?"

"Yeah, I'm just taking in your wonderful boyfriend smell."

He chuckled and joined me on the bed. We lay there cuddling for a while before both drifting off to sleep. I slept a lot more soundly than I had in days.

A/N:

Okay, I ended up changing my user from maddie_grace_xoxo, to hoodmendeshoran. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Lily isn't as far along as in the picture, that's more about 6-7 months haha. She'll get there though. Anyway, I will talk to you all again on Sunday! Comment and vote if you'd like! I love you!!! XXX