Chapter 58 - Land in Miami

I had spent the last couple hours sleeping on the bus as we continued on our journey. Shawn had a concert yesterday in New Orleans and our next stop was Miami. We were going to be spending a few days in Florida and let me tell you, it was going to be a nice break.

I was about 3 1/2 weeks from my due date, and everything was hard to do. I gave up the ability to tie my shoes weeks ago, my bladder has been a quarter of its normal size for the past few months, and I was starting to have aches and pains.

Shawn was currently watching a movie with Brian and Teddy while I rested in my bunk. All the shades were pulled closed, but I could tell it was bright outside. My phone read 9:57am and I rolled over to get a few more minutes of shut eye.

As if my phone heard my thoughts, it began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Guess what!!" It was Bailey.

"Chicken butt," I chuckled. "I don't know, tell me."

"Jack is flying us all out to Miami to see you guys!"

"Oh my gosh, no way! That's going to be awesome. I'll finally be able to meet the guy mom's been dating for the past 2 months."

"We'll be arriving tomorrow."

"Okay, see you then. I love you."

"Love you too sis."

I hung up and rolled out of my bunk. It never got old, falling asleep in one state and waking up in another one. Judging by the time, we had been in Florida for a while now. It was a 12 hour drive from New Orleans to Miami and we had about 2 hours left.

"Lily! Welcome to the party." Shawn held out his arms for me to cuddle in.

I settled down in his lap and rested my head in the crook of his neck. Brian and Teddy both made 'awww' faces and I threw one of the pillows at them.

"Okay, baby names." I turned Shawn's face to look at mine.

"Between Penelope, Darcy, and Jade? Oo that's hard because I love them all. Is there one in particular you like the best?"

I nodded and whispered a name in his ear. He nodded and smiled. "That's cute."

"What? Tell us you two! Spill the tea!!" Teddy and Brian said in unison.

"We'll tell you later." I giggled and faced Shawn. "Oh, Bailey says they're coming tomorrow."

"Awesome! We can have dinner with them and then tell them the name."  He smiled.

"And then you can tell us," Teddy added.

"Yes, then we'll tell you." I chuckled.

The rest of the day dragged by super slowly. Once we landed in Miami, the bus was parked by the hotel and the four of us rushed inside. We spent the remaining hours of daylight indoors.

That night, the four of us spent time in the pool together. It was around 11 o'clock at night and there was no one around to disturb us.

I stayed close to the shallows and watched as the guys did cannonballs and dives into the cool water. The night air was humid, so any bit of cold was a comfort.

Shawn swam up to me and sat down on the step I was on. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired, but that's normal. And I've been getting these random dull pains periodically throughout the day."

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I had read about Braxton-Hicks contractions in lots of my pregnancy books. They are normally false alarms that come many days to weeks before the actual event.

"I'm sorry honey. If you want, I can give you a massage later."

"That would be awesome, thank you."

Shawn rested his hand on my belly and smiled. "I felt her kick."

"She's been so active lately, occasionally I'll feel her in my sleep."

Andrew appeared at the gate and waved us down. All of us got out of the water and met him. "You guys should be in bed. I know it's a short little vacay, but you all need your sleep."

"Yes dad," Teddy sighed.

•••

Bailey, my mom, and her boyfriend, Jack, were going to be arriving at our hotel in about 15 minutes. Shawn was showering and I was attempting to put on my sandals without any help. Getting them on was the easy part, adjusting the velcro was not.

I was able to use my toes to fasten one side, but was unable to get the other one. Once Shawn stepped out of the bathroom, I asked him to help me, which he did with a smile.

His hair was all fluffy from having just blow-dried it. I ran my fingers through his curls and grinned.

"Your hair looks like a little cloud."

"Why thank you." He kissed my cheek. "You ready to go down and meet your fam?"

"Most definitely!!"

We walked arm in arm down the hall to the elevators. The resort we were staying at was absolutely beautiful. I didn't want to know how much Shawn's management team paid for all of this.

When we got down to the first floor, Jake was waiting for us. There were a few people in the lobby who freaked out when they saw us get out of the elevator.

"There's a crowd of about 25 girls outside. I told them you won't be able to come out due to a personal commitment." Jake explained as he walked us over to some of the couches that were by the entrance.

"Okay, thanks Jake." Shawn nodded and we sat down.

A few minutes later, in walked my family. I stood up and waved ecstatically at Bailey. She ran towards me with the biggest grin on her face and hugged me tightly.

When I pulled away and looked past her at my mom and her boyfriend, my heart dropped and I had to do a double take.

"Bailey, who's that?"

"That's mom's boyfriend, Jack!"

I turned to look at Shawn, who was also staring at the tall, brunette man. "How is he not in prison?"

My mother came over with Jack and smiled at me. He smirked and winked, making me want to throw up.

"Lily, this is Jack. He's the man I met off of Tinder."

Evidently he hadn't told her that he used to be my PE teacher. That probably means he didn't tell her that he was having sex with my dad's fiancée's daughter either.

"Nice to meet you Jack." I force a smile.

"The pleasure is all mine." He replied, "Your mother has told me so much about you."

Somehow, I have to make my mom break up with him. Nothing about their relationship is based on honesty. I feel so bad for her, first my dad and now him.

"So," Shawn cut in, "Shall we get going?"

We all nodded and made our way outside to the vans. I shot Shawn a quick text telling him we need to devise a plan to get rid of Jack, and this time for good. I was also going to have to have a chat with Jack about what exactly is going on.

A/N:

The first few people to correctly guess the name of Shawn and Lily's daughter will get a shoutout in the author's note of the next chapter!! I hope everyone enjoyed reading this chapter. We're nearing the end of the book and it's a bittersweet moment for me. I love you all!!! XXX