Chapter 51 - Sunshine and Familiarity

I had been waiting by the tour buses for about 15 minutes before Shawn jogged out. He was covered in sweat and had a huge smile on his face. "I missed this so much."

"It's so cool to see how excited the fans get when they see you."

"And they adore you as well. More than half the questions in the q&a were about you."

"The Mendes Army is so sweet."

"We're going to have our own Mendes army  pretty soon." He put his hand on my belly and smiled.

I grinned and leaned against him and we stepped inside the bus. The next date was tomorrow in Vancouver, BC, and it was about a 6 hour drive from where we were.

Shawn jumped into the shower while I laid down in my bunk. The amount of sleep I was going to get for the next few months was probably going to not be a lot. However I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything.

I ended up falling asleep in my bunk and woke up to Shawn pulling a blanket over my body. He brushed the hair out of my face and gently kissed my cheek before climbing in his own bunk right across from mine.

I checked the time on my phone and it read 12:18am. It had been about an hour since we left and we were still in the US, otherwise I would have been woken up to show my passport.

My eyelids fluttered closed and I drifted back into a restful slumber until about 5:30am. My bladder was screaming at me so I jogged to the bathroom to relieve the pressure.

Shawn walked in rubbing his eyes. "Everything good?"

"Yeah, just getting those urination urges." I yawned and slumped down.

"I'll carry you back to my bunk."

I nodded and patted his cheek.

•••

The wind blew my hair as I stuck my head out of the window. We had just crossed into California, the home that was forever in my heart.

Since Shawn didn't have a performance until after 4th of July, we had almost a week to relax and do nothing. Plus I was staying with my friends an extra two weeks while he traveled around doing shows throughout the state.

Teddy brought me a can of Seven-Up and slid into the open spot next to me. He was decked out in some camo shorts and a black 'I put the fun in dysfunctional' muscle tee that showed off his defined biceps.

"Excited to be back?" He grinned.

"Absolutely! I can't wait to see all my friends again." I took a sip of my soda.

"Are you and Shawn planning to go to Disneyland?"

"I have no idea what the plan is yet. We're supposed to go to a party on the 4th, but other than that, nothing is set in stone."

"Well if you do, let me know and Brian and I can tag along as your double date. Unless of course you have a cute friend who is single."

"Teddy, you always know what to say to make me want to slap you across the side of the head." I rolled my eyes.

He put his hands up defensively, "Just saying!"

"I'll keep that in mind."

Shawn came out of the makeshift recording room in the back with his Taylor slung over his shoulder. "Can I ask your advice on this? Andrew wants two songs completed by next week and he already gave me an extension."

We nodded and turned towards him. He began finger plucking the strings.

"Sunrise with you on my chest. No blinds in the place where I live. Daybreak open your eyes. Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night. Still, we're changing our minds here. Be yours, be my dear. So close with you on my lips. Touch noses, feeling your breath. Push your heart and pull away, yeah. Be my summer in a winter day love. I can't see one thing wrong. Between the both of us. Be mine, be mine, yeah. Anytime, anytime."

He looked up once he'd finished and blushed. Teddy and I clapped our hands and smiled at him.

"That sounds fantastic man!"

"Thank you Dora."

"I agree, I think you've really got something going there!"

"Thanks babe." He set down his guitar and relaxed into the sofa opposite us.

"Is that for the new album next year?" I asked.

"Yeah, hopefully! My last idea was cut down, so hopefully this one gets the green light."

"Well I personally think Andrew would be a fool to reject this one."

"You think so?"

"Listen to the boss lady, I agree." Teddy added.

Shawn started strumming other songs while we sang. The hours past and we got closer and closer to our destination. Teddy swapped with Brian as the driver and he came back to join me and Shawn.

"Anything fun happen while I was driving?"

"Nothing you would have missed bro."

I nodded my head, "Shawn played a new song he's working on."

"Oo, can't wait to hear it!"

"Maybe later." Shawn chuckled.

Pretty soon, it was time to stop for dinner. There was a cute little diner that we ate at. They served the best burgers I'd ever tasted, and trust me, I had eaten lot of burgers in my life time.

I sat at a table with Vivian and one of the other ladies. We discussed baby names and various birthing techniques. Both women highly suggested getting an epidural. I still was unsure about whether I wanted a natural or painless delivery.

Seeing as I'd had no experience, everything was on the table. Except C section, I didn't want a large scar in my stomach for the rest of my life.

Also, baby names took up a rather large chunk of our time. Vivian suggested Naiya and Hanna. Shawn and I had our own personal favorites of Penelope, Darcy, Jade, and Margo.

A fan walked up to the table I was at. "Can I get a picture?"

"Of course!" I put down the french fry that was in my hand and stood up.

She smiled and we took a few selfies. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome!" I saw her walk towards Shawn and snickered, he had a mouth full of his burger.

A couple minutes later, Jake checked his watch and signaled that it was time to go. We were to spend one more night on the road before arriving in Los Angeles and relaxing for a few days.

I threw my sweater over my shoulder and walked out into the humid air with the crew. There was about 35 people traveling with us, and we had 12 buses for people and supplies.

Shawn fell in step next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I was thinkin' we could do something just the two of us tomorrow."

"What did you have in mind Mendes?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You'll see." He tried to hide a mischievous grin, but failed.

Whatever it was, I'm sure it would be special. Anything with him was always memorable.

A/N:

Sorry I didn't update on Thursday, I was busy getting ready for the concert and then had strong post concert depression on Friday and Saturday. But oh my goodness, 5SOS and The Chainsmokers were freaking amazing!! I got Calum/Luke barrier and I got to meet 5SOS and they are literally the sweetest people ever. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! See ya in the next one! Comments and votes are appreciated. I love you guys!!! XXX