Chapter 44 - ...Before the Storm

It was finally the day of the prom. I'd been waiting for this ever since kindergarten. There were only a few hours left before the main event.

Bailey was helping me to get ready. She was in the process of curling my hair while I painted my nails. "You're going to look amazing!!!"

"I know," I flipped the side of my hair she wasn't working on.

"Hey, careful. I don't want to burn you! Shawn won't like it if your face is all oozing."

I chuckled and let her work her magic. She was pretty good at doing people's hair. I would not be surprised if she went to school to be a cosmetologist.

"Can we listen to Shawn's songs?"

"Sure," I connected my phone to the bluetooth speaker in my room and put bis music on shuffle.

Bad Reputation began playing and we belted the lyrics out. Now this song was one of my favorites to see him perform live, he put so much passion into it. He did for every song, but there was something unique about this one in particular.

Bailey finished my hair and helped me into my dress. When I looked in the mirror, my eyes filled with tears. This was everything I'd ever dreamed of and more.

"You look gorgeous. If I was a guy, I'd be all over you." Bailey clapped her hands together and whistled.

"Why thank you madame," I bowed at her reflection.

"So has anything more been said about you and Teddy?"

It had been almost a week since that event. The media had started to die down a bit ever since Shawn put the picture of us in his story. However, Teddy did gain 7k followers virtually overnight and was continuing to grow as the days went by.

Bailey and I hung out in my room for a while until someone rang our doorbell. It must be Shawn! I looked at the clock and yep, it was time to go. I grabbed my sister's hand and we gracefully ran down the stairs.

My mom was talking with Shawn as I came around the corner. They both stopped and stared when they saw me. Shawn's mouth dropped practically to the floor.

"You look, absolutely amazing." He closed the distance between us.

I blushed, "Thank you."

"Here, I got this for you." He held a clear box in his hand. Inside lay a beautiful corsage of pink and purple flowers.

"These are beautiful!"

"Not as beautiful as you though." He slid the silver elastic band around my wrist.

"Bleh, get a room you guys." Bailey rolled her eyes.

"Bailey Anne!!" My mom looked horrified.

She grinned and walked away. "Have a great time! Bring her back in one piece Shawn. And don't forget to use protection. Not that it matters since she's already pregnant."

My mom's face went pale a her daughter's words. "Let me get a picture of you two before you head off."

Shawn and I stood together and smiled while my mom snapped a fee pictures. "Okay, have a lot of fun you two!"

Shawn wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked out of my house together. A shiny black limo was waiting for us.

"Oh my god!!"

"Only the best for my girl." He opened the door for me and slid in after me.

There were sodas in a cooler and a television. Not to mention the lights and speakers. Teddy, Brian, and Carissa were sitting opposite us. Teddy had decided to go stag, and no one was surprised when Brian asked Carissa to be his prom date via a bunch of balloons and candy.

The ride to the venue was rather short, it was held at a banquet hall close to my house. We all got out and thanked our chauffeur. Other teens were arriving at the same time as us, so we walked in with them.

Music was blaring as we entered the building. A lot of people I had never seen before came up and said hi to me and Shawn. They were probably the students in the honors classes. I was smart, but not that smart.

"Do you want something to drink?" Shawn asked me.

"Sure, thank you," I nodded.

I walked around the perimeter of the room and stopped when I saw Faye talking with a group of girls. I didn't feel like fighting with her, today was supposed to be happy.

Her conversation wasn't as quiet as she's thought, I could hear it from where I was hiding out.

"Anyways, I come home one day and my mom's getting it on with this guy on our sofa. They see me and obviously get embarrassed. The guy she was with paid me $200 to keep silent. I guess he's married or something."

"Do you have any idea who he is?" A girl with orange hair asked her.

"No, except that his name is Forrest. My mom and I had a little conversation about him after he left. I guess he usually comes over every day. Apparently they've had this thing ever since he moved and joined my mom's company."

A huge red flag went up in my head and I almost fainted. I'm sure there were a bunch of people named Forrest who've moved various places.

"What does your mom do again?" The girl asked Faye.

"She owns a graphic design company."

I have to leave, now. Carefully, I made my way back over to where the rest of the people were. Shawn walked towards me with my drink. "I was looking all over for you. Are you okay?"

"No, no I'm not." I started tearing up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He enveloped me in a hug. "You aren't supposed to be sad at prom."

"I just found out my dad is probably cheating with Faye's mom!!"

He looked shocked, "What?"

"I overheard Faye talking about a guy named Forrest, same name as my dad, coming over to her house a lot and he works for her mom's graphic design company, which is what my dad does, and he moved here."

"Wow, that's-"

"SICKENING!! I THOUGHT MY DAD CARED!! But no, he threw his life away. And of all the people, it's Faye's mom!!"

"Are you going to tell your mom?"

"Of course! She deserves to know. Now everything makes sense, the late nights 'at work' or not ever coming home at all, the fighting, and the lack of affection between my parents." I banged my fists together.

"Come on, let's try to forget how messed up this world is just for tonight." Shawn began kissing me.

I kissed him back, harder. He smiled against my lips, "That's my girl. Shall we dance?"

"I'd love to."

We walked arm in arm towards the dance floor. There were tons of bodies moving in sync and we joined them. Shape of You was blaring from the speakers.

What felt like hours later, Shawn was walking me up the steps to my house.

"I'll call you tomorrow, but I think you need to have a talk with your parents." Shawn hugged me.

"Okay, I'll tell you how everything goes. I love you Shawn."

"I love you too Lily."

A/N:

Happy 20th birthday to me! I wanted to give you guys a present since it's my birthday, so I decided to upload an extra day this week. There will still be the regular update on Thursday as well. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed the chapter! Comments and votes are much appreciated. See ya in the next chapter! I love you all!!! XXX