6

This pillow case smells of you

And time itself stops to prove  

~~

I woke up the next morning with some people talking in hushed but loud tone in the room. They were arguing for some reason. A constant beeping just beside me can be heard.

"no you can't take her with you Logan. She's in legal age already. She can decide on her own. I know i messed up okay? I didn't mean to do that. Fuck i never intended to hurt her. Just please don't take her away from me." i heard Jack's voice breaking into sobs. My heart broke when i heard some crying in the room.

I tried opening my eyes as i felt someone hold my hand. My vision was blinded by a light just above me. I blinked twice to adjust my eyes that is still aching. I sat up slowly.

"Jack.." my voice let out a soft and hoarse sound. I immediately felt someone to my side and helped me to sit.

"what happened?" i ask with my eyes still closed, trying to ease the pain that is slowly subsiding.

"we took you to this hospital. Are you okay? How are you feeling?" i heard Logan say from beside me.

"my eyes. They hurt so bad." i said pinching the bridge of my nose.

"get the doctor."

"why are you guys arguing?" He was about to say something but the doctor interrupted him by coming inside.

"hi im doctor Shaun. How are you feeling?"

"my eyes, they hurt."

"can you open them for me?" he said, i opened my eyes and saw no one. Its dark. Its totally dark.

"wait.." i tried to look out the distance to adjust my vision. It's a bit faint, and blurry.

A light shone in my eyes then it faded. I can see figures infront of me, standing just inches infront of the bed.

"Ms. Rose, based on our test, you have Glaucoma. Its an eye disease that can damage your optic nerve. Its usually, but not always, the result of abnormally high pressure inside your eye. Over time, the increased pressure can erode your optic nerve tissue, which may lead to vision loss or even blindness. Which is you are experiencing now."(thank you google) once the doctor finished talking, everyone is quiet. No one dared to speak. Except for Jack.

"she's going to be blind?" Jack said from somewhere in the room.

"in all honesty, yes but we could treat it by laser eye surgery. I'll let you talk about it first but in my opinion, we should do it asap." the doctor said and walked out the room.

"you should do it." Logan said, looking at me with worry. I looked at all of their faces and their eyes are all swollen.

I looked around all of them once more, looking for Jake. He's not around. Not even Erika. I looked at Jack, his curly mops of hair is a mess. His eyes red and puffy from crying.

"Andy.. You need to do it." Logan said once more. I looked at him and his eyes shown worry.

"where's Jake?" i ask looking down at my hands. Some IV tubes injected in my veins. One for blood and one for hydration.

"he'll be here in a minute." the door opened when he said that. All of us looked at the door.

Jake came in with Erika and a girl with brown curls behind them.

Gabbie..

"hey, are you okay? What did the doctor say?" Jake said walking over to the other side of the bed. Erika set a fruit basket on the table and went to Jake's side.

"I have eye disease. I could get blind." i said softly. I glanced at Jack, Gabbie is beside him now, holding his hand.

I can hear my heart breaking and my tears started falling down my cheeks. Christina noticed my tears streaming down my face and decided to interrupt.

"i think we should all go back to the hotel, Andy needs to rest. let's give Andy some time to think and we can go back tomorrow. Right Logan?" she said making Logan look up. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Christina glared at him and her eyes went to where Jack and Gabbie were.

Logan looked at the two and let out a deep sigh.

"fine. Jake, look after Andy. We'll go back tomorrow. Andy, its your decision. But please remember that we are here for you whatever your choice is." Logan said and ruffled my hair.

One by one, they all hugged me and left. Zach still has tears falling down his eyes while Jonah and Daniel patted his back.

Corbyn went up to hug me and whispered something on my ear.

"don't worry about everything. Just do the surgery. Christina and I will be with you whatever happens." Corbyn said and left with Christina.

Erika ushered them out of the hospital to let me and Jake talk.

"are you going to do the surgery?" Jake ask sitting on a chair that Logan sat on earlier. I shrugged, not knowing what to do.

"Jake? Am i a bad person?" i ask looking out of the window. It was raining outside. A lightning struck from the sky.

"what do you mean?" Jake asked.

"everyone i love leaves. They either die or hurt me. Am i not meant to be happy?" i ask finally looking at him.

"Andy, you're a great person. You love everyone around you, you put others before yourself, you care alot more than anyone. You take care of everyone without expecting anything in return. You're a strong person, Andy. You're not a bad person." Jake said while tears started to fall down from my eyes.

"But if i am, why is everything so painful? Why am i hurting? Why do i feel so alone? Why do i feel so empty? I did everything for the people that i love. Why am easy to replace just like that?" i cried softly.

Jake didn't say anything. He just pulled me in a hug. I cried on his chest, my sobs filling the whole room as it was only the two of us.

I was a mess.