11

I left the light on so you could see me in the dark
But then it blinded us and left us who we are
~~

the boys and i were just sitting on the balcony of the beach house. Daniel layed down on the couch, immediately dozing off. Zach and Jonah raided the kitchen, probably making lunch since they haven't eaten anything since the time they got here.

Corbyn and Jack sat on the bean bags, watching the view. I went to my room and changed from my work clothes into something different.

I went back outside to the balcony and sat on the bean bag beside Jack

I went back outside to the balcony and sat on the bean bag beside Jack. Corbyn and him are just staring out of the sea. Surfers riding on their surf boards, people partying and some are just swimming.

"so you've been hiding here all along." Corbyn broke the silence. I hesitate if i should look at him because i know if i did, i would break down. I tell him everything. I just never told him about this place.

"why did you ran away Andy?" he asks, his tone clearly wanting answers.

"its for your own good. i shouldn't be with you guys. Im just tearing you all apart. I'm ruining your lives." i said with my voice dead of tone. I didn't look at them. I dont want to look at them. I don't want to break infront of them.

"well you're wrong Andy because when you left, it felt like all of us died. You keep us together. You're like the glue in this group and we never lose hope on searching for you." Corbyn said who's now crouching infront of me. My tears started pouring out of my eyes uncontrollably.

"Zach wouldn't stop crying every night because he misses you. Jonah stopped laughing and smiling. Daniel stopped playing his guitar. I-i.. I almost stopped singing. And Jack wouldn't sleep. He drowned himself in regret and he's always blaming himself for everything that happened. He.. He almost killed himself." Corbyn said, his head now hung low, crying. I looked at Jack and he was just quiet. He never moved or blinked. He just stared out.

"Jack.. what happened?" i ask, my hands cupping his face to look at me. His eyes just looked dead.

"Jack, please tell me. what did you do?" i said, his eyes went to mine. he stared at my face and his eyes brimmed with tears.

"im sorry.." he said letting his tears fall. He lifted his sleeves. My heart shattered even more. His wrist, full of cuts. I traced them and they're all deep. I looked at him once again, my eyes brimming with tears.

"Jack.. Im sorry. Please don't do this to yourself. Its not your fault. It was never your fault." i cried and wrap my arms around him.

"please stop hurting yourself Jack. Promise me." i said and he nodded. He pulled me close to him, me sitting on his lap as he cried on my chest.

"Im sorry Andy. Im so sorry." he cried. I only nodded my head, unable to speak anymore from crying. We stayed like that for another hour.

Jack fell asleep after that break down. He's in my room since we wanted to make sure he never hurt himself anymore.

The rest of the guys and i were in the living room, watching a movie. I let them choose the movie while we wait for the snacks. Zach cuddled beside me, his arms wrapped around my waist like a little kid.

Corbyn and Jonah were in the kitchen while Daniel is on the couch taking another nap.

"Andy? Are you going back with us?" Zach asks looking up at me. His eyes pleading for me to say yes.

"i don't know Zach. I like it here. And i dont want to see Logan. I think its best if i stay here. You can visit me anytime." i said while playing with his hair. he pouted on my answer and went back to his position from before.

"but what about Jake?" Daniel asks from the couch.

"Guys, can you please promise me that you won't tell those idiots that im living here? I don't want them to know." i shouted so Corbyn and Jonah could also hear. They emerged from the kitchen, holding bowls of popcorn.

"who?" Jonah said while handing out drinks. Corbyn sat beside me with a bowl of popcorn in his hand.

"Logan and Jake."

"oh i wouldn't. Especially Logan. I just dont know about those 4" Corbyn said as he munch on the popcorn.

"I solemnly swear that i will never tell anyone. Especially Logan cause he's a dick" Zach said, raising his right hand while he said his promise.

"I promise that my mouth is zipped" Daniel said zipping hia mouth and laying back down.

"i promise. Cross my heart even if you take my coffee." Jonah said while sipping his coffee from the mug. I stood up, making Zach whine and made my way in my room. Jack's still sleeping on my bed. His curls covering half of his face.

"Jack.." i shook him awake, he opened his tired eyes and looked around the room. He sat up, trying to open his eyes.

"Promise you wont tell Logan and Jake that i live here." i said sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked at me with his tired eyes and nodded. I smiled and stood up.

"Andy?" Jack said making stop myself from opening the door. I looked back to him and his eyes have tears once again.

"please dont leave me." he said, i walked back to the bed and made him move over. I layed down beside him and pulled her closer to me. His head laying on my chest as his sniffles keep going.

I can feel his tears falling on my shirt. He got comfortable on my neck, he soon fell back to sleep. I played with his hair and just softly sang a song.

One of Hippo Campus' song. I felt Jack relax in my arms and i sigh in relief.

I've never seen Jack like this before. Jack was once a strong and bubbly guy. Now, he's just a vulnerable and fragile Jack.

I hope he's okay. I Hope he'll be okay..