16

I cut you off and fucked it up again
~~

I woke up the next morning in droplets of rain above me. I sat up and found that I'm outside of the balcony. i look around me and saw Jonah sleeping on the other side of the couch.

"Jonah, wake up. You need to get inside. Its raining." i said shaking him a bit. He stirred a bit but sat up later on.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at me.

"what time is it?" he asks yawning. I looked at my phone in my hands and found that its 8:30.

"8:30, i have work today, I'll get ready." i said and he nodded. I was about to walk inside the house but stopped.

"please don't tell them about last night.. you can forget about too." i said and walk inside to my room. I slide down on the floor once i close my door. hugging my knees while thinking about last night.

I just told one of my best friends what goes inside my head. Its not good anymore.

my thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing from my pockets. It was Angela from the hospital.

"andy, i-i have something to tell you.." she said, her tone of voice kinda shaky.

"what is it? Is something wrong?" i ask, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. My heart beat started racing from the suspense.

"its your mom.. she.. She's gone.." she said, my breathing stopped as i hear her words.

"o-okay.. um.. I'll talk to you later.." i said before hanging up. I felt a lump in my throat and my heart hurting.

My mama is gone.. I'm all alone now..

Tears started to flow down my face, uncontrollably. One by one and soon its like waterfalls that can't be stopped. My sobs could be heard from the outside and a knock suddenly came to my door.

"andy? are you okay?" Zach's muffled voice made me sob even harder.

Im not okay..

"yeah Zach. I'm fine. Do you need anything?" i ask while trying my best to control my sobbing.

"oh, um.. Well the guys and i are going outside to grab some breakfast. Do you want anything?" he asks, his voice sounded worried.

"no I'm okay. I'm not really hungry. Have fun though" i said and waited for them to leave.

Once i heard the front door close, i broke down. Its like everything that I've been holding in my chest came out all at once. My chest hurt, my mind is tired. I'm emotionally tired.

All i want is to sleep forever.

~~

Jonah's pov

I've got a bad feeling today. After what Andy told me last night, all i could feel is worry. I tried to shrug it off but it would only make me think about everything. I know Andy told me not to tell anyone, but i couldn't help telling the boys about it.

"guys, i need to tell you something." i said to the boys infront of me. we're currently at a pizza place near the city. They looked at me curiously.

"what about? Oh my god, did you steal pne of my jackets?" Corbyn gasps jokingly. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"no dimwit. this is about Andy." once i said that, Corbyn's expression changed into a serious one. his facial features softened.

"what was it?" Jack asks. I took a deep breath in and exhale it out.

"well, last night i woke up at 2 am. I had a nightmare but that another story. Anyways, i found Andy outside the  balcony staring outside the beach. She was thinking really deep. We talked for a while but things got serious later on. I asked her what's going through her mind and her answer wasn't what i expected." i said, my mind drifting off to what she said last night. My heart started beating crazily like something is happening somewhere.

"what did she say?" Corbyn said interrupting my thoughts with his fingers snapping infront of my face.

"she said, "its dark here inside. It's so dark its almost like im drowning", so told her that we're always here for her when she wants to talk about it and then she said, "i dont think talking about it will help everything. its too tiring. i just want to have peace of mind you know. I'm tired of being like this. I'm tired of hurting. I miss my mom, i miss my dad. I just.. I don't know anymore." i said waiting for them to talk. Corbyn zoned off, probably processing everything. he's closer to Andy than us and i guess he's thinking about what i just said.

"guys, i heard her crying in her room this morning." Zach confessed, his head a little hang low. Our gazes were on him now.

"when?" Daniel said

"this morning, when i went back inside the house to get my phone. I heard her talking for a while but then i heard her sobbing." with that, Corbyn bolted out of the pizza place. Jack's eyes widened in shock and immediately followed Corbyn.

"why didn't you tell us sooner Zach?" Daniel said as we ran after the two. We only rode an uber to the pizza place so that's why we're running up a hill.

"im sorry, i didn't know okay? And she said she wasn't hungry so i assumed she ate breakfast before we even woke up." Zach explained was we were panting. We didn't talk after that, we just kept running. Corbyn and Jack ahead of us.

"Zach, you joined soccer right? Can't you run any faster and check Andy before she could do anything to herself?" Daniel said, Zach's eyes widened in realization and picked up speed. He even ran passed Corbyn and Jack.

"Damn you Herron!" Corbyn shouted and chased Zach.

~~

We reached the house and immediately went upstairs to Andy's room. Zach was already there, trying to open the door by banging on it.

"please, Andy! Open up!" Zach said while still banging on it. Corbyn was no where in sight, Daniel and I collapsed on the floor. My feet shaking a bit from all the running.

"OH MY GOD ANDY! JONAH AND DANIEL COLLAPSED!" Zach shouted, Daniel and i looked at each other, panting. A minute later, Andy's door opened.

"What happened?!!" we heard her, her voice sounded hoarse. Daniel and I high fived each other and chuckled.

I saved her. Andy's the girl in my nightmare. We saved her.