She tried to kill me last week! - Adam Ruzek

Prompt: " What do you mean she's my new partner? She tried to kill me last week!" "Sounds like a you problem."

Adam Ruzek x reader

"What do you mean she's my new partner?" Adam moaned "Come on boss you have got to be kidding me"

"Nope final decision, you and (Y/L/N) are partners" Hank said sternly "you got a problem?"

"Yes I do" he huffed "She tried to kill me last week!"

"Sounds like a you problem Ruzek" Hank smirked before walking off.

Adam turned to me with a face of thunder "this is your fault (Y/L/N)"

"My fault" you scoffed.

"You tried to kill me, with a carving knife" he spat.

"Because you randomly walked into MY apartment with no warning at all whilst I was in my pissing underwear" you snapped "so yes I did try and kill you"

"Whoa girl what set was it" Erin smirked winking at me.

"Does it matter" you laughed.

"Yes it does" she laughed.

"Red and black lace"

"Damn girl, you look good in that set" she winked walking off.

"Now enough talk of me in my underwear" you laughed shaking my head. "Come on partner we have work to do"

———

Flopping on the sofa with a beer in hand.

"So why do you wind him up so much?" Erin laughed as she brought the pizza in.

"It's fun" You shrugged "and he is easy to wind up"

"So when he saw you in your underwear what was his reaction?" She asked sitting down.

"Urm he tripped over his own feet and face planted the floor" I laughed "it was priceless it was like he never saw a woman in underwear before"

"So how do you feel about going undercover tomorrow?"

"Meh I know it's not real but it just hits home you know" you sighed.

"You are the best person for the job" she whispered "we will be there with you every step"

———

Standing in the locker room looking in the mirror. You knew this was just to get the bad guy but right now it was like the clock had turned back and you hated it.

"(Y/L/N) you ready" Adam's voice bellowed through the locker room.

"Yes, no, I don't know" you sighed

"It's gonna be ok, if things get too much you know your safe word" he whispered

"Yeah so let's get this show on the road" you mumbled walking passed him. "Adam just cover my ass"

"Covered" he whispered.

———

"She was so worked up in the locker room" Adam sighed.

"I'm not surprised, she hasn't been back in this work for a number of years" Erin sighed.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She hasn't had the best run in life, that's all I'm going to say but she is the best person for this job" Erin half smiled turning back to the screen.

As Adam watched the screen he saw how you took control of the room, it was like looking at a completely different person.

He couldn't take his eyes off the screen, he wanted nothing more than to get to know you better, all he knew you as was an officer.

"She is going to need someone after tonight so just be there for her Ruzek" Erin said placing a hand on his shoulder. "She's going to safeword soon"

"How can you tell?" He asked.

"Because she keeps playing with the hem of her skirt and her eyes keep glazing over" she sighed "she's having flash backs"

"Why don't we head somewhere private and I can give you a private photoshoot" (Y/N) said seductively.

"Roll out guys" hanks voice came through the radio.

———

"Hey come here" Adam whispered as he draped his jacket over your shoulders.

Slipping your arms into the sleeves and pulling the jacket around your body, hiding the outfit that made me feel ashamed.

"(Y/L/N) great work out there" Hank nodded.

You really didn't want to speak so you just nodded.

"I've got some spare clothes in my trunk if you want to get changed" Adam whispered

"Thank you" You mumbled as he led you to his truck.

Once you got changed you had to laugh at your reflection, Adam's clothes buried you but it was better than your first outfit.

———

"You've been pretty quite since we got back" Adam said pulling you into his arms.

"Yeah" you mumbled "just memories I tried to forget, but I guess you can't run from your past"

"Is this why you push people away?" He asked.

"Yeah I just find it hard to trust people you sighed "but with you I dunno it's easy and I think that's why I try to get on your nerves because it's easier to try and make you hate me"

"(Y/N) I could never hate you" he whispered.

"What was all that stuff about me being your partner?" You huffed.

"Two can play the teasing game you know" he chuckled.

"Adam ruzek you dick" you laughed swatting his chest.

"So shall we stop trying to make us hate each other and" you whispered you hadn't been this vulnerable in a while.

"And what?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"And I think you are hot"

"Oh really" he smirked. "Well I think you are the strongest most beautiful women I have ever met"

"What you saying ruzek?" You asked lifting you head off his shoulder.

"I'm saying I want to give us a shot, since the day you walked into the district you captured me in ways I never knew possible"