Rumour - Kevin Atwater

It had been a long day for everyone in intelligence, finally the case that they had been trying to solve had come to a close

It had been a long day for everyone in intelligence, finally the case that they had been trying to solve had come to a close. So they did what they knew best after a hard case and that was to hit mollys for a couple of beers as a family.

"I just want to say, that no matter what happens in a case, no matter where it leads us let's promise that we all come home alive even it it means pulling our cover" you nodded holding the shot in your hands. It was a pretty close call this week and you had nearly got shot because you didn't want to blow the cover.

"First rule of a gun fight, bring a gun" Antonio smiled "second rule of a gun fight bring friends with guns. Here's to having friends in Chicago"

"Cheers"

The whole time you felt Kevin's hand on the small of your back, and naturally you leaned into his side. The thing was you and Kevin had a bit of a thing going but nothing official.

"I'm gonna get another drink, who wants one this rounds on me" you smiled as you finished your beer. Everyone's hand shot up making you laugh as you wandered over to the bar.

As soon as you was out of ear shot Adam piped up.

"Ok could you two have gotten any closer Kev" he smirked at his best friend.

"Piss off ruz" Kevin laughed as he looked over to the bar to see you laughing at Herman and he swore he felt his heart skip a beat.

"Well all know you guys have a thing for each other, just saying bro get in there or I might have to steal her up" Adam smirked.

"You've has your fair share of the girls in this unit bro give someone else a chance" Antonio laughed punching Adam in the arm.

"Nah I'm just playing, Y/N is absolute fire but she's like my little sister" Adam nodded. "We know you both hook up"

"I'm not listening to this" Kev chuckled as he made his was over to Y/N at the bar.

"Hey there pretty thing" he smirked as he stood behind you. "Come here often?"

"You are such a dork" you giggled.

"There's a rumor going 'round about me and you stirring up our little town the last week or two. So tell me why we even trying to deny this feeling, I feel it, don't you feel it too?
There's a rumor going 'round, and 'round, and 'round. What d'you say we make it true?
We make it true, Oh, we make it true" he sung softly in your ear.

"Is Kevin Atwater singing" you giggled.

"Only for you" he winked "Well I can shut 'em down, tell 'em all they're crazy, I can do whatever you want me to do, baby or you could lay one on me right now. We could really give them something to talk about" he continued singing.

You couldn't help but bite you lip as his hands landed on your hips. The air shifted around you both as you spun around to face him. It was now or never.

Standing on your tip toes, you placed your hand on his cheek and one arm around his neck.

It wasn't long before he closed the gap between you and his lips connected with yours.

You had both kissed plenty of times before but this time felt different.

Smiling as he pulled away slightly.

"So whatcu day pretty thing, will you be mine?" He whispered against your lips.

"Mmmm thought you'd never ask" you giggled before kissing him again. From behind you, you could hear the guys hollering and cheering which made you laugh into the kiss. So you did the thing any mature person would do, you lifted your hand off Kevin's neck shooting the guys a middle finger.