It's okay, promise - Jay Halstead

Jay Halstead x Reader

"Why don't you go tell Hailey" You spat storming away from Jay.

"What?" Jay asked running his hand over his face.

"Did I fucking stutter!" You glared at your boyfriend.

Everything was fine, you had a nice evening, take out, cuddles and a movie but he mentioned something about what Hailey liked and you just flipped. You couldn't even remember what he said now but you was still fighting.

"Do you know what, if you wanted to be more than partners with her just say so Jay" You growled barging past him to the room you both shared.

"Seriously there is nothing going on with me and Hailey, I swear on my life" He sighed following you.

"Yeah well I don't believe it, you are always chatting about her, she is always texting you at all hours of the day. I get she is your partner but there are limits which she is fucking crossing" You screamed.

"Do you know what, I am gonna go crash at Ruzek's tonight giving you space and time to cool down" He said grabbing his wallet and keys off the bedside table. "Because I love you and I do not want you saying something you will regret okay"

"Whatever" You huffed as he leant against the door frame.

"I love you Y/N and I always will even if you don't believe me" He said softly before leaving the apartment leaving you alone.

--

"Thanks for letting me crash" Jay nodded at Adam as he sipped his coffee

"It's fine man, do you think Y/N has calmed down?" He asked

"Yeah she will have, she might have smashed the place up but she would have slept it off now" Jay half laughed. "I'm gonna go check on her, again thanks for crashing and hearing me vent"

"That's what friends are for man" Adam smiled as Jay left to come home.

As Jay walked through the door he couldn't help but let a low laugh out as he saw all the contents of your kitchen cabinets smashed all over the floor everything expect both of your favourite mugs.

It was no secret that you had a temper.

As he walked carefully through all the broken pot and glass he headed to the bedroom where he found your fast asleep in Rangers hoodie, mascara stains on your cheek and on his side of the bed.

He understood where you was coming from last night and knew you thought history was repeating its self as your last boyfriend told you not to worry about you best friend but turns out he cheated on you with them.

Kicking off his boots and losing his jeans and shirt he climbed into bed snuggling up to you.

"I'm sorry Jay" You groaned half asleep as you snuggled closer to Jay.

"It's okay promise" he whispered kissing the top of your head "plus I like how you look tangled in the sheets on my side of the bed especially when you wear my hoodie"