I'll take the messy - adam ruzek

"Yo Ruzek What you done to upset my sister" Antonio scoffed as Adam sat in the booth.

"Whoa mate ive done nothing so quit accusing me" Adam said defensively.

"Then why is she stood knocking the shots back at the bar" he spat.

"Maybe she's just had it hard with the case" Adam shrugged he knew full well why you was pissed off. The case hit you hard, they always did when they involved children "I can guarantee I haven't done anything"

"I still don't know what she sees in you to be honest" Antonio said leaning back as you squeezed into the booth.

Instantly Adam wrapped his arms around you pulling you into his side placing a gently kiss against you temple.

"Yeah well that's your problem" Adam half laughed. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"Ask me what" you mumbled taking in your boyfriends scent.

"What do you see In Ruzek?" Antonio asked.

"That is the 6th time you have asked me that this week alone" you huffed pinching the bridge of your nose. "And each time it's none of your business"

"I just wanna knows if he loves you" he laughed.

"We seriously doing this here?" You hissed.

"Yes we are. So Adam do you really love my little sister or is she just another notch on your belt" Antonio arched his eyebrow.

"Fine but this might take a while" Adam said placing another kiss on your head before he lifted your chin so you was looking in his eyes. "It's the sheets wrinkled up at the foot of the bed. It's you hair in a knot on the top of you head. It's the crawling in the back seat knocking over everything 'Cause we couldn't wait to get home. Baby, loving you, it ain't always pretty"

You knew he had more just by the smile on his face.

"It's the mascara running away from those homey eyes and you don't know why you cry, but I'm still gonna hold you tight. It's the cabernet spilling, all of those feelings We've been bottling up" he chuckled making you half laugh.

"It's the way that I need to learn to hold my tongue and you give it right back but we never give up. It's the taking a breather, but nobody's leaving. You'd better believe it, baby, I mean it" he smiled softly at you.

Yes you both had a temper which meant things got said in the heat of the moment but you was both working on biting your tongue and talking through things.

"I'm gonna love you best that I can. Even when you can't stand me, even when you can't even stand yourself. I'm telling you I ain't going nowhere. I swear, don't care, I'm here. Ain't anywhere else I'd rather be and as long as you let me I'll take the heavy, unsteady. It don't scare me, baby, I'm ready for messy" he said before placing a soft kiss on your lips.

"I love you" you whispered with tears in your eyes.

"I love you too babygirl" he grinned before turning to Antonio. "Does that answer your question"

Antonio was just left speechless.

"Now come on babygirl let's get out of here" Adam said as he finished beer.

You didn't need telling twice as you grabbed your bag sliding out the booth, as Adam stood up he draped his arm over your shoulder.

"Where we going" you giggled as you walked through the streets of Chicago.

"Just thought we'd take a walk, it's been a while since we just went on a walk. And I know it helps clear your head" he said stroking your hand with his thumb.

"How did you know I needed to clear my head?" You asked.

"Baby I know how your eyes glaze over after a tough shift" he whispered as you walked along the waters edge.

"You shouldn't know that look yet" you laughed leaning into him.

"Hey not my fault I take note of my girlfriend" he chuckled "I pay attention more than you think"

"Oh yeah tell me something's then" you giggled.

"Well I know you prefer wearing your contact lenses over your glasses, how you push any vegetables to the side of your plate, how you play with your earring when you are nervous, how you crinkle your nose when you sleep or how you really love morning cuddles and hate sleeping alone" he beamed as he listed the first things that came to mind. "I can carry on if you want" he smirked as he pulled you to a stop.

"I think I get that you really do take note" you giggled. "Did you mean what you said about you will take the messy"

"I meant every last word babygirl" he whispered against your lips. "I will take anything and everything, the good, the bad and the ugly as long as it means you are still my girl"