Guilt - Hank Voight

Request for Hank: how about one where y/n is new to the team and after some time everyone starts to open up to her and accept her, but y/n notices that Hank doesn't seem to like her as much as the others. Meanwhile, Hank doesn't want to open up to her and is rude w her because he likes her but he feels guilty about liking someone after Camille's death. One day he takes it a bit far and makes y/n feel like they don't belong to the team, but with a fluff ending. Sorry if it's too long and specific

Hank Voight x Reader

First days sucked, you knew that all too well but you had been in the unit for 3 months now and everyday felt like your first day. Like you didn't fit in, like you was an outsider watching as the team cracked jokes with each other. The only thought you had whizzing round your head was this was a mistake and was considering going back to your old unit. At least you fit in there and was part of the family. 

Everyone kept telling you to give it time, but time was all you was giving it and it just seemed things were getting worse not better. 

You was currently stood at your locker drying the tears from your cheek when you heard someone walk in. 

"We are all going to Molly's, and was wondering if you wanted to join us?" Adam asked peeking round from his locker. 

"You really want me to join you? I thought you guys hated me" You scoffed as you shut your locker. 

"you really think that?" He asked sighing. 

"Yeah I do Adam, it's been 3 months since I joined and no one has made me feel like I fit in this unit so I think I'm gonna pass on drinks" You nodded grabbing your bag. "See you monday" and with that you left the locker room heading to your car. 

Monday soon rolled around, you guys had just got back from chasing a perp. 

"Y/L/N my office now" Hank snapped. 

You didn't say anything just kept your head down as you walked into his office. 

"How stupid are you" He shouted making you feel like a 5 year old being told off. 

"I was just doing my job" You whispered. 

"And nearly compromising the whole unit, look I don't know how they did things in narcotics but in MY unit we do not roll like that" He snapped "You follow the chain of pissing command okay" 

"Okay" You mumbled "It won't happen again" 

"It best not or I am booting your ass to the kirb" He growled before pointing to the door letting you know you was dismissed. 

Right now you didn't know how much more of this and the icing you could take as you stormed pass everyone to hide in the locker room. 

Hank knew he was being harsh on you but it was the only way he could hid the guilt he was feeling. You reminded him of his late wife in her younger years. You was damn good police and had made a little mistake. He had also noticed how everyone was icing you out and things wasn't getting any easier. 

Well that settled it, you didn't belong in this unit and not matter what you did you would never fit in. Here you was again hiding in the locker room trying not to break down crying like a 5 year old. 

"Hey Y/N" Kim whispered as she stood next to you "Sorry about voight he can get like that sometimes, don't take it personal" 

"How can I not take it personal kim" You sniffed "I've been here 3 months and sure as hell don't feel welcome in this unit at all. I've done nothing wrong"

"I know and I am sorry, it's just we find it hard to trust new people we have had it where the new person turned out to be a snitch so again I am sorry if I made you feel that way" She whispered placing a hand on your shoulder. "come on, dry them tears and stop hiding, I have spoken to everyone and we didn't mean to make you feel how you do" 

Somehow she managed to talk you into joining the rest of the team, as soon as you was in the group everyone kept saying sorry. 

"Guys stop saying sorry, Kim has explained things and it's fine, lets just move past this as a team" You nodded as they all agreed. 

The only thing you had to deal with was Hank Voight, but that would be a losing battle, he just point blank hated you and nothing you could do would change that. 

It had been a week since Hank snapped at you and he still felt bad yet he was still rude to you. He knew he needed to sort things out, he shouldn't have gone off at you like he did but it was the first time he had feelings for someone since Camille passed and he did't know how to act. 

"Y/L/N can i speak to you a second" Hank asked leaning against the door frame to his office. 

You didn't say anything but picked you coffee cup up and followed him into the office. 

"I just want to say I am sorry" He sighed "I know how I have been acting towards you and I am sorry, I should have know better. You are one hell of an officer and I am actually lucky to have someone like you in my unit" 

"So whats with all the hostility?" You asked trying to read his expression. 

"It's just you remind me so much of my late wife and honestly panicked" He mumbled. "I would love to make things up to you if you would let me?"

"Take me out to dinner and I might consider forgiving you" You chuckled as a smile appeared on his face. 

"Deal"