She Ain't You III - Adam Ruzek

Adam Ruzek x Reader

Adam Ruzek x Reader

It had been 5 months since you had gone back to Chicago, however your was still in New York, your niece was now two months old and you was considering moving back to Chicago because it was your home and you had left your heart there.

Over the last 5 months you and Adam had been chatting non stop via late night phone calls, face time and text. You had built your friendship back up which was was grateful for.

"Bro please stop checking your phone, its annoying, its like you are here but mentally you have checked out" Kevin said placing his hand on Adam's shoulder.

"She said she would be at the picnic tomorrow but I don't even know if she has landed in chicago yet" Adam said dropping his phone on the table.

"(Y/N) said she would be there and you know she doesn't break a promise, maybe her phone had died" Kev said trying to reassure Adam.

Walking through the airport you felt a sense of calmness wash over you, you was home. However you did feel a bit bad as you decided not to let Adam know you had landed because you wanted to surprise him at the picnic tomorrow.

"There she is" Antonio grinned wrapping you in a bear hug.

"Toni I would like to be able to breathe" You laughed as he released you from his grip.

"I know I just missed you" He laughed taking one of your bags from you.

"I missed you to" You smiled. "How is he?"

"You can't help yourself can you?" He laughed "He is good though, kinda driving us all crazy but he is back to the annoying Ruzek we love"

"Good" You nodded.

"So how are things between you?" Antonio asked.

"Really good, I mean things were awkward at first but we soon got over that and it wasn't long before the flirting returned" You giggled climbing into his car.

"I give you both less than a week before you are back together, it is so obvious that you two are meant to be, it just wasn't the right time before" He said squeezing your hand before he drove back to his.

-----

Adam was going out of his mind as he got ready to head down to the park, he still hadn't heard from you. All he wanted to do was pull you into his arms,, tell you that he loves you and to kiss you. But he knew that it would probably still take a little while before you was back together again.

"Do you think the plan will work?" You asked Antonio as you finished curling your hair.

"Oh yes it defiantly will, Kev is going to get Adam up on the make shift stage for karaoke but the song will have already been picked and we won't let him change it. You know what part you come in on and I will be on stand by recording it" Antonio smirked.

"I just want him back Ton" You whispered "Like really want him back"

"And I think, in fact I know after today you will be on the right track" He smiled as we headed to the park.

"No I am not singing that" Adam huffed "I am not singing a love song when (Y/N) hasn't even bother to text me or turn up today, it's obvious she doesn't want me"

"I swear to god if you don't sing the song I will punch you in the face" Kevin stated.

"Fine" Adam huffed taking the mic off him before heading onto the stage.

"If ever I get lost in your eyes tonight, please just let me stay right there a little bit longer Underneath the stars, we are on fire, and I don't wanna go if you don't wanna go. We can just stay here in this minute, lose all track of time, let the world spin on without us for a while. I'm telling you, we're just one kiss away from heaven. So baby, hold on tight 'cause I want to get wrapped up in your love. So baby, let's just stay here tonight" Adam sung not looking out in the crowd.

You hated making him think you wasn't coming but for this to work it had to be done.

"I just wanna linger like this on your lips and taste the salt air on your skin Hold you in my hands, anything and everything, you know that I'm all in. We can just stay here in this minute, lose all track of time. Let the world spin on without us for a while" You sung, the guys had done it so Adam's mic got turned down without him knowing so all he could hear was your voice. Instantly his head shot up to see you walking through the crowd, without think he jumped down from the stage and started walking towards you.

"I'm telling you, we're just one kiss away from heaven, So baby, hold on tight 'cause I want to get wrapped up in your love. So baby, let's just stay here tonight, tonight. Baby, let's just stay here tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight, yeah. Oh oh. Let's just stay right here tonight" You both sung at this point you was now face to face, both of your spare hands found each other and as you sung you linked your fingers together.

---

The rest of the day you and Adam didn't leave each others side, he was happily sat on the floor with you between his legs, his arms wrapped around your waist and his head resting on your shoulder.

"I didn't think you was coming back home" He whispered.

"How could I not come back, this is my home and I left something important behind" You whispered "My heart"

"I am so glad you are back" He mumbled.

"Back where I belong" You whispered, everyone had just left you and Adam alone as they all knew that by the end of the day you would be going home together and it would only be a matter of days before you was officially back together.

"Come with me" Adam whispered standing up holding his hand out to help you up.

"Where are we going?" You asked as you walked hand in hand into the trees.

"Just wanted a bit of privacy, seen as all afternoon everyone has been watching our every move" He laughed.

"Because they are routing for us" You giggled. "So why did you want some privacy?"

"So I can do something I have been dying to do over the last couple of months" He whispered backing you against the tree.

Soon enough his lips was against yours, at first it was soft and gentle like he was testing the water. You couldn't help but smile into the kiss before you kissed him back.

This was what you wanted and even if it took you a little while to get back how you was, you both knew you would be stronger than ever and wouldn't let anything get in the way. Because at the end of the day, Adam held your heart and where ever he was, your home was there.