Back together - Antonio Dawson

Antonio Dawson x Reader

"You sure this is the right time?" You said kissing Antonio gently. "We can wait before you introduce me to the kids"

"This is what I love about you, always thinking about others over yourself" he smiled "and yes I think it's the right time"

"Only if you think it's the right time I don't want the kids to feel pushed out or anything" you nodded

"Come on then let's go meet my tribe" he laughed taking your hand as you headed into the house. "No matter what happens I love you"

You hadn't told Antonio this but you was dreading meeting his kids, it's not like they was toddlers, and they had their own opinions of things.

What you didn't expect was the reaction of the kids, they knew you as a friend of their dads but now he had told them you was seeing each other the atmosphere had shifted in the room. Eva was just scowling at you and Diego was giving you're the cold shoulder.

The night went on and things just got worse, the mood was icy which made you feel uncomfortable.

"I think I'm gonna go baby" You whispered in Antonio's ear, "I don't think they are ready to accept you in another relationship"

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Yeah I'm sure, I will see you tomorrow. Just talk to them" You whispered kissing him gently before grabbing your keys and heading home.

The drive home wasn't long but you couldn't help but think. Sighing to yourself as you walked into the apartment.

"Whoa I didn't expect you home yet" Hailey said with concern in her eyes. "How'd it go with the kids?"

"It went" You shrugged "They hate me, they pretty much iced me out all night"

"I'm sure they will get used to the fact Antonio loves you" She said trying to reassure you.

"That's the thing Hals I don't think they will" You sighed "Which is why I'm gonna speak to Tonio about maybe taking a break, I love him to bits but I don't want to be the reason why his relationship with his kids goes down the drain"

--

It had been a couple of weeks since you and Antonio went on a break, he completely understood where your head was and was willing to give the break a go to see if it helped with the kids.

Within the couple of weeks that had passed both Eva and Diego had noticed their dad had started drinking more and was constantly in a mood. Which was why they was currently stood outside the firehouse waiting for Gabby to come out.

"What do I owe the pleasure of my niece and nephew visiting me at work" Gabby smiled pulling the kids into a hug.

"We messed up aunt Gabs, like really messed up" Eva mumbled "I've never seen dad so sad"

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Dad introduced Y/N as his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and we iced her out" Diego said.

"I thought you loved Y/N?" Gabby said leading them inside.

"We do but we kinda freaked out when dad said she was his girlfriend, so we need your help" Eva said.

And with that the plan was in motion of getting Antonio and you back together with the help of intelligence.

"Come on get your ass in the shower" Hailey grinned throwing a cushion at you.

"Don't want to Upton" You mumbled.

"Don't care we haven't had a girls night out in forever" She laughed pulling you off the sofa and pushed you into the bathroom.

After about an hour you was both ready and was heading to where ever you was going.

"Hailey why are we at the gardens?" You asked as you got out the car.

"Just shut up and follow me" She smirked, she was defiantly up to something, soon enough she pulled you to a stop. "Now stay here, I will be back in a minute"

"Whatever" You mumbled.

You had no idea what was going on, all you wanted to do was go home and eat ice cream. Within a couple of minutes Antonio appeared wearing a suit.

"Do you know whats going on?" You laughed.

"No idea but I bet my kids have had something to do with this" he chuckled "You look amazing"

Soon enough Eva appeared with a grin on her face.

"Dad we are stupid and we are sorry, we just freaked out a bit when you told us you was seeing Y/N" she said. "But you have been a nightmare the last couple of weeks so this is our way of making it up to both of you" she carried on as you followed her through the garden to find a little table set up, fairy lights hanging from the trees and a big bag from mcdonalds on the table.

"You know we cannot cook so I may have stolen £20 from your wallet this morning to buy you maccies" Eva laughed. "Now enjoy your night and we will see BOTH of you back at home"

You couldn't believe the kids had gone to this much trouble to make you feel welcome as their dad's girlfriend.