A Bet - Greg 'Mouse' Gerwitz

Greg 'Mouse' Gerwitz x Reader

Right now all you wanted to do was to curl up in a ball and shut the world out. But you had to act like nothing was wrong. When in fact everything was wrong. You had just overheard mouse tell Jay that he saw you as a bet.

That crushed you, your fiancé saw you as a bet. Was your whole relationship a lie?

Luckily you didn't have to see Mouse for the last part of the shift as him and jay went out to do some surveillance giving you plenty of time to head home and try and calm down before he got home.

A couple of hours passed and mouse was now walking through the front door to find you sat at the bottom of the stairs just staring at you, all he needed to do was take one glance at you to know something was wrong.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked crouching in front of you gently placing his hand on your cheek but you pulled away.

"Like you don't know" you scoffed as you fiddled with your engagement ring. "So when was you going to tell me aye"

"Y/N you aren't making sense right now" Mouse whispered.

"I know about the bet Greg" you spat as you watched the colour drain from his face "you might want to be a bit more quite when you talk"

"You heard that" he mumbled.

"Yes I heard that so when was you going to tell me" you spat, "so has our whole relationship just been a massive joke to you"

"It was a fucked up joke made over beers 8 years ago. If that bet wasn't made then I would have never had the balls to even speak to you" he sighed "I fucked up not coming clean"

"No Greg the moment you saw me as a bet was the moment you fucked up." You cried pulling your engagement ring off your finger and placing it in Greg's hand "The worst thing is, that even after all of that, I'm still in love with you. But you need to go I don't want you here" you said pushing yourself off the bottom step barging past Greg.

———

It had been a week since you kicked Greg out and you had asked Hank for some time off because you couldn't bare to see Greg.

All you had done was stay in bed, crying and ignoring everyone. Honestly you had lost track of what day it was.

The sound of your phone ringing pulled you out of your thoughts, seeing Greg's face on your screen made your heart break further but you needed to here is voice.

"Baby" Greg slurred obviously drunk. "Do you still love me?"

"of course i still love you. but i hate myself for it." You sighed wiping more tears away.

"I fucking love you Y/N" he slurred

"Greg hang up, and tell me this when you're sober" you sighed ending the call for him. All you wanted to do was to forget this whole thing and let him come home but your stubbornness stopped you.

The sound of rocks hitting your window woke you up, groaning at how bright the sun was you rolled out of bed to see who was trying to break your window. A small smile played on your lips as you saw a very hungover Greg stood in the driveway.

"What you doing you idiot" you laughed out of the window.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

Smiling to yourself you disappeared from the window making your way downstairs opening the door to Greg.

"I'm so sorry" he sighed "I'm such an idiot"

"Yeah you are" you laughed letting him in.

"I should have come clean about the whole bet years ago" he whispered "I can honestly say I never saw you as a bet, it was just a stupid thing us guys did. Like I said I would have never head the balls to talk to you otherwise"

"Would you just shut up and kiss me already." You laughed wrapping your arms round his neck as he closed the gap between you two.

"So can we out this back where it belongs?" He asked pulling your ring out of his pocket smiling at you.

"Yeah" you smiled leaning your forehead against Greg's as he slipped your ring back on your finger.