Too Much of a Bad Ass - Jay Halstead

Requested by: Anonymous

Prompts: "maybe in another world.""did i ever tell you how beautiful your eyes are?" "ew, that is so sappy, i might vomit."

Jay Halstead x Reader

Leaning against the kitchen counter, you ran your hand through your hair. It home was now 10.30pm and Jay still wasn't home yet and you was starting to get worried. You knew with his jobs it comes with hard cases and late nights but that didn't mean you liked it. You wanted nothing more than to text him to check if he is okay but didn't want to seem like the needy girlfriend.
As you pottered around the kitchen, tidying up from the mess you made from cooking dinner, you heard the sound of the door opening and closing, followed by the sound of the safe being opened.

"Hey baby" Jay mumbled into your neck as he wrapped his arms around your waist.
"How was work?" You asked taking in his scent.
"Tough and long" he sighed.
This was something you got used to, him coming home completely exhausted.
"I was getting worried" You whispered "I thought you got hurt because i hadn't heard from you"
"My phone died" he laughed "and i'm am perfectly fine, just hungry and tired"
"There is a plate in the oven for you" You smiled

You were now both laid in bed just talking. 

"Did i ever tell you how beautiful your eyes are?" Jay whispered making you laugh.
"ew, that is so sappy, i might vomit." you giggled "Since when did you turn sappy on me"
"Can't i tell my girlfriend she has beautiful eyes?" He questioned propping himself up on his elbow.
"I suppose" you laughed "you now I don't do sappy"
"I know you don't but sometimes I Just can't help myself" He chuckled. "Maybe you should try to be a bit more sappy"
"Maybe in another world Jay" you said rolling your eyes, "You know I'm too much of a bad-ass to do that"
"And that is why i love you" He grinned before kissing you softly.