Im home - Adam Ruzek

One thing you hated most was when your husband was on undercover missions

One thing you hated most was when your husband was on undercover missions. That meant no contact what so ever, no idea when he would be coming home.

However that didn't stop you taking lunch for the rest of the guys in intelligence everyday on your lunch break or days off.

"Yes, our girl always pulls through" Kevin laughed punching the air. "Whatchu got us today"

"My homemade sliders" you smirked placing the box on Adam's desk.

"Have I ever told you how amazing you are (Y/N)" Kim grinned being the first to open the box.

"Once or twice but keep it coming" you laughed sitting on the desk.

"Can tell your Adam's wife" she laughed walking back to her desk.

"Speaking of the trouble maker do you know if Hank has heard from him?" You asked.

"Nah we've heard nothing" Kev half smiled placing a hand on your shoulder.

"It's just sucks when he goes under" you sighed "this is the longest one so far"

"He will be home soon girl" he smiled at me.

"I know I'm just driving myself crazy" you laughed.

Especially since you hadn't told Adam you was pregnant, typical you found out a couple of days after he went under 6 weeks ago. You wanted nothing more than to tell your husband you was carrying his baby.

After you spent about an hour with the guys laughing and joking you needed to head off.

"Right guys I'm gonna make a move, day off an all so that means grocery shopping" you laughed.

"Thanks again for lunch (Y/N)" Hank smiled "as soon as I hear from Ruzek you will be the first to know"

Nodding at him you grabbed the empty container before heading out to your car. As soon as you was out of ear shot the guys started talking.

"Man I hate lying to her" Kevin laughed.

"Tell me about it but strict orders from Ruz to make it seem like we haven't heard from him" jay laughed "(Y/N) going to be in for a massive surprise tonight when she sees him standing there"

"Speaking of I need to head over to there's and help Ruz set up apparently he's going for the whole flower petal and candle thing" Kevin laughed "who knew our boy was such a romantic"

———

Waiting in line at the grocery store you rested your hand on your non existent bump, excited to see your husband when ever he returned home to tell him the good news.

You had talked about having children ever since you got married 2 years ago and you couldn't believe after many negative tests and the doctors saying the chance of falling pregnant was slim to none, you were actually pregnant. And with twins.

Soon enough you had paid for the food and was on the way home. As you pulled up to your house something wasn't right, you could have sworn you turned all the lights off before you left earlier but there was a soft hue coming through the blinds. Thinking nothing of it you grabbed the bags and headed inside.

As you walked through the door you could see red rose petals scattered down the hallway with small tea lights flickering away. Was Adam home?

Dumping the bags by the door you followed the petals. Good job there wasn't anything that would spoil. As you followed the petals there was a strong smell of Adam's aftershave in the air. Coming to the end of the petals you saw Adam stood there in just his jeans with a massive bunch of flowers in his hands.

"I'm home baby" he grinned

"I'm not dreaming right" you laughed as he placed the flowers down before he walked up to you placing his hands either side of your face.

"I can promise you this isn't a dream" he whispered as he kissed you.

Even after you had been together for 6 years his kisses still made you feel weak at the knees.

"Come with me" he grinned taking your hand leading you to the bathroom where there was more rose petals and candles surrounding the bath.

"What did I do to deserve you" you whispered.

"I should be the one asking you that baby" he whispered pulling your hoodie off. "Now I was kinda hoping my wife would join me in the bath"

"You know I will" you giggled as you started stripping off. "This isn't how I was gonna tell you"

"Tell me what princess?" He asked as he stepped into the bath.

"You're gonna be a daddy Adam" you grinned at him as you let your hair down.

"Wait what" he said taking in what you had just said.

"I'm pregnant baby" you said as your eyes filled with tears of joy.

"But I thought" he started to say shaking his head.

"I know so did I but I went to the doctors a couple of days after you left and they did a scan because of circumstances and they confirmed I'm pregnant" You said climbing in the bath "with twins"

"We're having twins" he whispered against my skin "I'm going to be a daddy"

"I know I still can't believe it myself" You whispered leaning back against his chest "I also can't believe you are home"

"Well I missed my gorgeous wife too much to stay undercover any longer" he chuckled.

"Even years on you are still the charmer" you giggled.