Just in time - Kevin Atwater

Kevin Atwater x Reader

It was just your luck, you were days away from giving birth and Kevin gets pulled away on a case which needed him to go undercover for who knows long. To say you was stressed was an understatement.

"It's going to be fine" Kevin whispered kissing your head "I will be back in time so please stop stressing"

"I'm trying but you know what I'm like" you half laughed resting your hand on your stomach.

"Yeah I know that's why you are staying with Trudy and Mouch, so then I'm not going to be as worried" he smiled placing his hand over yours. "And if you do go into labour whilst I'm not here Voight can contact me ok"

"That makes me feel a little better" you whispered taking in Kevin's scent.

"Atwater we gotta go man" Adam said slapping his shoulder before giving you a hug. "And you don't go into labour I don't wanna miss out on cuddles with my godson"

Oh yeah Adam was going to be god father so he became quite protective of you.

"I don't plan on it Ruz" you half laughed "look after him ok"

"Always do" he smirked "but we really gotta go"

"I love you" Kevin smiled before kissing you softly.

"I love you to stay safe out there" you smiled "that goes to you to Ruz I want you both back in one piece"

And with that they was gone and Trudy was ushering you behind the desk making you sit down.

"I'm not a china doll Trudy" you laughed.

"I just don't want your waters breaking out there" she smirked "too much of a slipping hazard"

One thing was sure the next couple of days would be interesting living with Trudy.

———

The next couple of days flew by meaning you was now overdue, however Kevin and Adam was still undercover and didn't know how long for.

Throughout the whole day you was restless, no matter how you tried you couldn't get comfy. It wasn't until you felt a sudden wetness between your legs you started to panic.

"Trudy" you breathed as a sharp pain hit "I think I'm in labour"

"Right okay stay calm" she said as she saw the panic in your face "we got this" she smiled calmly as she called up to Voight.

"You need to pull Atwater and Ruzek NOW, yeah it's time" she said putting the phone down "Garcia cover desk for me, and let's get you to med"

"But Kevin's not here" you sighed as she helped you to your feet.

"This little one doesn't care about that girly, they are ready to be welcomed into this crazy family" she laughed as you headed to her car.

———

"Where. Is. He." You said through gritted teeth as another contraction hit.

"He will be here I promise" trudy said dabbing they wet flannel across your forehead just as Voight poked his head in the door.

"How we doing in here" he asked.

"Be better if Kev was here Sarge" you breathed.

"He's on his way, the boys are 10 minutes out so hold on" he nodded before disappearing.

10 minutes soon passed and there was no sign of Kevin.

"Ok Y/N one last big push when I say okay" Natalie grinned.

"No not until Kevin gets here" you panted through the contraction.

"Unfortunately baby isn't going to wait" she said softly.

"Yo I said move outta of the way" you heard a familiar voice shout in the hall before Kevin came skidding into the room all out of breath. "I'm here, I'm here" he said taking your hand from Trudy.

"About time" you huffed.

"Told you I wouldn't miss this" he whispered kissing your forehead.

"Okay Y/N I need you to push" Natalie nodded.

And with that tiny cry's filled the room and you collapsed back onto the bed.

"Congratulations it's a boy" she beamed placing your son on your chest. "Do you have a name?"

"Yeah Logan Adam Atwater" you grinned looking down your son.

"I can't believe we have a son" Kevin whispered as took Logan for a cuddle.

About an hour had passed when Kevin turned to you "Do you want a bit more time alone or shall I let the other child in our life in"

"Go get him" you laughed "we all know he's gonna be driving everyone crazy out there"

As soon as Kevin poked his head out the door your could hear Adam whining.

"Yo Ruz" Kevin grinned "get your butt in here"

"Finally" he laughed practically running into the room making you both laugh.

You soon realised life would never be boring with Kevin and Adam around.

"So we would like you to meet your god son Logan Adam Atwater" Kevin grinned at his best mate as he passed Logan over for cuddles. It wasn't very often you saw Kevin and Adam cry but today was special and in that moment you knew that your son would never be without family whether blood related or not.