One In The Morning - Adam Ruzek

Requested by: Anonymous on tumblr

Prompts: "I can't sleep. Can I stay here"

Adam Ruzek x Reader

Today's case was a hard one, it hit all of us in a different way

Today's case was a hard one, it hit all of us in a different way. It's always the same when it involves family's, Especially when its one of our own family's. You never thought that becoming a cop would endanger your little sister not in a million years but today it did. Your mum had just come and picked Lucy up from the 21st leaving you trying to figure out why they wanted to target you so bad, it just didn't make any sense. Leaning against your desk you wasn't really paying any attention to anyone else in the room. It wasn't until Kim put her hand on your shoulder that you came back to reality.

"(Y/N) go home, Lucy is safe, we will pick this up tomorrow and we will get whoever took her don't worry" Kim smiled softly at you. "Yeah you are right" you sighed pushing yourself off your desk. "girl i'm always right, now get yourself a bottle of wine on the way home and run yourself a bubble bath you need it" she said placing some money in your hand "its on me"

Thats the thing about this unit, they look after their own.

  "(Y/N) do you need a lift back?" Adam smiled at you. "If you don't mind" you nodded at him. "You know I don't mind we live in the same complex" he chuckled as you slipped your coat on.

—- "I'm only down the hall if you need me okay?" Ruzek said placing a hand on your shoulder as you arrived at your door. "Thanks Ruz" you half smiled. "See you in the morning" Walking into the silent apartment you flicked the lights on before checking the mail that had arrived that day.

You was restless that was certain so you decided to take Kim's advise, grabbing a large wine glass out of the cupboard before heading to your bathroom. As the bath was filling you stripped out of your clothes throwing them into the wash basket in the corner of the room before glancing at yourself in the mirror. It had been a long day and you could see that by your appearance, your make up had smudged, your hair was sticking up all over the place and not matter what you did it wanted to stay like that. Soon enough the bath had filled so you sunk down into it letting the hot water sooth your aching muscles and wash the day away. After a couple of glasses of wine and aimlessly scrolling through your social media you decided to get out the bath and try and get an early night.

Not bothering with your normal nightly routine, you quickly plated your hair, putting some clean pjs on before heading to bed.

—–

It had been a couple of hours that you had been laying in bed and sleep just wouldn't take over no matter how hard you tried. No matter what position you laid in you couldn't get comfy, you had tried counting sheep but gave up when you got to number 2546, you had even tried one of them sleep apps that played calming music but that just got on your nerves. You even tried sleeping with one of Adam's hoodies as his scent always calmed you down, but the hoodie you had was a couple of weeks old so it just smelt like you.

So you did the only thing left, you climbed out of bed put your slippers on, grabbed a hoodie, your phone and keys before quietly leaving your apartment and wandering down to Adam's place. Silently hoping he would hear you knocking at 1 in the morning. After a couple of knocks he appeared at the door in a pair of grey sweatpants and hair sticking up all over and still looked half asleep.

"(Y/N) its one in the morning whats up" he mumbled rubbing his eyes. "I can't sleep, can I stay here? Being alone well just sucks right now" you mumbled rubbing the back of your neck. "You know you don't even have to ask" he smiled letting you in. "Sorry for waking you" you whispered walking into his apartment. "Hey its okay, this is what I'm here for, you don't have to go through things alone, you have me and the guys" he said wrapping his arms around you pulling you into his bare chest.

"Can you just hold me for a little bit, I need to feel safe" you mumbled feeling so vulnerable right now as you sat on the sofa. "I'd be a rubbish boyfriend if i said no" he laughed as he sat next to you before pulling you down so you were both laid on the sofa. "Try and get some sleep (Y/N)"

And just like that, within about 15 minutes you felt your eyelids becoming heavy, as you started to drift off in Adam's arms you heard him faintly singing in your ear.