You Are Something Else - Jay Halstead

Requested on tumblr

Prompts: This is going to sound cheesy but... I love when you're half asleep and talking nonsense." "Is that my hoodie?" "I forgot to mention that I'm... I'm completely in love with you."

Jay Halstead x reader

Do you know when you are so tired, words just blend together, and no amount of coffee in the world could help

Do you know when you are so tired, words just blend together, and no amount of coffee in the world could help. Yeah that was you right now.

"(Y/L/N) what you still doing here?" Hank asked as he came out of his office.

"Paperwork" you mumbled flicking the paper on your desk. The paper that you had written nothing on because your brain had fallen asleep a good couple of hours ago.

"You are falling asleep at your desk so go home this can wait until tomorrow" he said placing a hand on your shoulder. "You gonna be ok getting home?"

"Yeah I will be fine" you yawned grabbing your bag "I only live round corner"

Normally jay would walk or drive you home. Pulling your phone out your pocket you hit dial.

"Baby, what you still doing up" he asked.

"Walking home" you grumbled.

"It's like half 11 at night, why was you still at work"

"I needed to paperwork" you mumbled

"I see the brain isn't working" he laughed

"Nope" you yawned as you walked down the street.

"You know I don't like you walking alone at night" he sighed.

"I'm home now" you mumbled as you unlocked the door to your flat.

"Good I'm glad now get yourself to bed and I will see you in the morning" he whispered.

"Stay on the phone until I fall asleep" I yawned as I made sure I had locked up before heading to my bed.

"Of course I can baby"

"Do you think rabbits dream" I whispered.

"What" he burst out laughing.

"Rabbits do they dream?" I asked.

"You are something else do you know that" he laughed.

"Didn't answer me" I yawned as i felt my eyes getting too heavy to keep them open. And it's like jay could sense it.

"Sweet dreams baby" I heard him whisper as sleep took over.

———

Walking into the district still waking up, you woke up late this morning so you just threw on anything you could find.

"Hold on is that my hoodie?" Jay asked as he passed me a coffee.

"No" you mumbled as you placed the coffee on your desk before pulling the sleeves over your hands.

"It so is jay's hoodie" Kevin grinned.

"Urm don't think so" you huffed causing the guys to laugh. "What's so funny"

"You getting all defensive over a hoodie" Adam laughed nudging me. "By the way it's the hoodie I brought jay for Christmas last year"

"Fine it is jay's hoodie" you raised your voice "happy"

Storming off leaving everyone stunned, normally you was the centre of the banter but right now you was still tired from last night and couldn't be dealing with it today.

"What happened back there?" Jay's voice came into the locker room.

"Nothing" you sighed.

"It's something because you stormed off" he whispered pulling you into his arms.

"I'm just tired jay" you mumbled.

"Do you know how cute you are, right now and when you call me late at night" he chuckled kissing my forehead "This is going to sound cheesy but... I love when you're half asleep and talking nonsense."