Pregnant - Jay Halstead

Requested by anonymous

Prompt: the reader is younger then jay & she finds out she's pregnant & she's worried about his reaction since their age gap is a big one

Jay Halstead x reader

Pregnant

How can one word flip your entire world on it's head. You and Jay had always been so careful so how could this have happened. You didn't feel old enough to become a mother just yet. This wasn't in your life plan, you was only 21 and was still working through your nursing degree. This changes everything.

You needed to tell Jay but didn't know how, you hadn't even spoke about having children, you didn't even know if he wanted kids. You knew you wanted kids some day but not when you were 21.

Flopping on the sofa you stared at the plastic stick in your hands. You had no idea what you was going to do.

Scared, angry, upset, confused was just some of the feelings you was feelings right now.

What would everyone else think, there was 9 years between you and Jay. But right now you didn't have time to think about what you was going to do you needed to get ready for work.

----

"Does anyone know whats wrong with (Y/N)?" Jay asked the guys "Somethings bothering her but she won't tell me whats going on"

"Maybe she is just stressed about work and her studies?" Kim asked

"I don't think thats it" He sighed "Can one of you speak to her maybe she will open up"

"Yeah I will speak to her at lunch" Kim smiled at jay.

---

"Right whats going on with you girl? Jay is getting worried" Kim asked placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Its nothing" You mumbled.

"Its obviously something (Y/N) because you haven't been yourself for days"

"Fine, I'm pregnant" you said under your breath.

"Wait what" Kim asked.

"Pregnant kim I'm pregnant" You snapped trying to hold back the tears.

"Is this whats got you so worked up?" She asked softly

You didn't say anything but just nodded your head.

"And you haven't told Jay yet?"

"No I haven't, Kim there is 9 years between us, I'm scared how he will react and how everyone will react, I mean you saw how people treated us when they found out we was together" You sighed.

"Fuck what everyone else thinks, the people that care about you guys do not care about the age difference as we can see the love you have is true. So just tell him" She whispered. "You don't need to go through this alone"

"I know I do, its just we haven't even spoke about having children" You mumbled.

"Ok here is what we are going to do, we are going to go get a baby grow and you can tell him by giving him it and then you can take things from there. You just need to tell him as you both need to think about what you are going to do" Kim said Squeezing your hand.

----

"Baby can i speak to you" You whispered as Jay wrapped his arms around you.

"Yeah of course lets go into the break room" He smiled leading you into the room.

"I need to tell you something" You mumbled playing with the sleeves of your hoodie before placing the small bag on the table. "Open it"

You studied Jay's face as he opened the bag revealing a baby grow. You couldn't read his emotions right now and that scared you.

"You're pregnant?" He asked lowly.

It was like the words were stuck in your throat so you just nodded.

"This is why you have been distant the last couple of days" He whispered

"Yeah, Jay I'm scared I'm only 21 and you have just turned 30" You mumbled not making eye contact with him.

"Hey" He whispered placing a finger under your chin lifting it up so you was now looking at him "This is amazing news baby, we are having a baby"

"Wait your happy about this?" You asked in surprise

"Of course I am (Y/N), I love you and cannot wait for the day we become parents" He grinned.

"Even with the age difference" You mumbled.

"I don't care about the age difference babygirl all I care about is you, fuck what anyone else thinks. All the people that matter in our lives don't care so why should we" He whispered before kissing you softly.

"I can't believe we are having a baby" You whispered placing a hand on your non existent bump. Letting it finally sink in as Jay placed his hand over the top of yours.