I Love You - Kevin Atwater

Prompt: In that case my mind is thinking angst #4 with Fluff #22 with Kevin Atwater where one person tries to confess but maybe something gets in the way so later on the one person is like "it doesn't matter anymore" but the other person says "I love you." Of course if you have a different idea of how you want to use the two prompts then go for it as well!!! 💖

Kevin Atwater x Reader

"So things are going well between you two then?" Kim asked as placing a coffee in front of you.

"Yeah they are who would have thought this time last year me and Kevin would be together" You chuckled leaning back onto the sofa in the break room. "I just feel different around him like I don't have to pretend"

"Does this mean you are dropping the L bomb soon?" She asked nudging your shoulder.

"Maybe" You shrugged walking back to your desk.

The next thing you knew was you being dragged to the side, you knew who was pulling you to the side just by the feeling of his rough hands.

"Kev" You giggled as he pulled you into a hug.

"What I just wanted to give you a hug without the guys teasing us" He chuckled. "I have a rep to keep up as well" this caused you to lightly smack his chest.

"Watch it Atwater" You smirked standing on your tip toes to give him a kiss.

"I need to tell you something" He whispered against your lips.

"what right here in the corridor" You giggled.

"Yes right now, right here" He smiled.

Before he could say what he wanted to say, Vanessa ran into the corridor.

"Sorry to break this up but a case has just popped off and we all need to head down to the docks" She said patting Kevin on the shoulder.

"What was you gonna say baby?" You asked as you both headed to join the rest of the team.

"It doesn't matter anymore" he sighed before following Rojas to the car.

"Partner you ready?" Adam said grabbing his gun and the car keys.

"Yeah lets roll" You mumbled.

"You okay?" He asked as you climbed into the truck. "Don't try lying to me either we have been partners for far too long, you know I can read your emotions"

"It's just every time either me or kev go to drop the L word something pops off and then thats it the moment is ruined" You sighed leaning against the door.

"Just drop it in the conversation" Adam smiled "I think if you wait for the perfect moment in our work its never going to happen"

For the rest of the day you couldn't help but think about what Adam said, it was true with your line of work you never knew what was going to happen, no two days was the same.

"Yo atwater" You shouted walking over to him before he got in his car.

"Whats up baby" He smiled pulling you into a quick hug.

"I am going to say this now because every time I go to say it something happens" You said playing with the sleeves of your hoodie. "I love you Kevin Atwater"

He didn't say anything to start with, which made you think it was a bad idea.

"Say something please" You whispered.

"I love you too baby, I had it planned out how i was going to tell you" He laughed

"I just couldn't wait, any longer, I needed to tell you because we never know what can happen" You smiled as Kevin's hand was on your cheek.