Sunday Morning - Kevin Atwater

Kevin Atwater x Reader

Prompt: Hey! I hope you have a great day! Can I request prompts #8 and #24 from your prompt list with Kevin Atwater please? Some cute, domestic fluff?? Thank you very much! - "Would you just shut up and listen to me for two goddamn seconds?!""I'm carrying your child." Requested by anonymous

It was a sunday morning in the Atwater household, the sun was just peaking over the skyline, this was your favourite day of the week and favourite time of day. The start of a new day, the stillness in the air.

Lifting Kevin's arm off your waist smiling as he was still fast asleep, everyone one of his features relaxed. As you got out of bed you grabbed your husbands hoodie before heading downstairs to make a coffee.

This was something you did sunday, no matter how late you stayed up the night before you always woke at sunrise on sundays and sat in the back garden on the swing, with a mug of coffee and a book, or sometimes you would scroll through social media or just listen to the birds.So thats what you did after you made your coffee you headed to the swing.

It wasn't long until you heard Kevin come outside.

"Thought I'd find you here" He mumbled still half asleep as he placed his mug on the table before joining you on the swing.

"What you doing away baby" You asked marking the page in book before setting it down beside you.

"Couldn't sleep any longer, just keep thinking about my last case" He sighed "I don't know what I am going to do"

"No matter what happens Kev I will be right by your side I am not going anywhere" You said softly as you snuggled into his side. "We will get through this, with the help of everyone"

"I am going to have a lot of police come after me" He sighed.

"I know it's hard but we don't know what is going to happen so lets take each day as it comes" You whispered running your hand down his arm.

"I just couldn't sit on this, I've seen too much racism. I don't get why I have to choose between black and blue" He sighed.

It was obvious this was eating away at your husband and there wasn't really anything you could do about it.

"You are doing the right thing" You said squeezing him tight. You knew things was going to be rough.

"Part of me wishes I never said anything, just sat on the truth"

"And we both know that isn't the man you are Kevin" You whispered. "Tell you what we will do, text the guys and invite them over for dinner, I will cook I think we just need to be with family right now. Family is what is going to get us through this"

"This is why you are just an angel" he chuckled, it was the first time you heard your husband laugh in a week and you felt your heart skip a beat. "and this is why I love you"

----

It wasn't long before the guys would arrive and Kevin was pacing the kitchen rambling away.

"they could have ran me down that now, but they didn't because they want me to suffer, they want me to feel pain, fuck what if they come after you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if they did. I should have just kept my god damn mouth shut" he said kicking the rubbish bin across the room making you sigh. "I'm not gonna be police much longer if they have anything to do with it, Doyle's family is big they can ruin my career I worked so hard to build"

"Would you just shut up and listen to me for two goddamn seconds?!" You said raising your voice at him, instantly he shut up because he knew when you raised your voice at him you meant it. "Baby I love you but you are gonna drive yourself mental if you keep fretting, no matter what happens we will face it together. You and me. Well you, me and our child"

Instantly his eyes softened as you took his hands.

"I'm carrying your child." you whispered looking into his eyes "So you need to pull yourself together, put a brave face on and once all this is over you can tell our child about how you took a stand for what you believed in and teach them how to be a decent human being and how no matter what colour your skin whether its black or white to treat everyone with the respect they deserve"