4am - Adam Ruzek

Adam Ruzek x reader

"Come on baby please sleep" you sighed bouncing your restless son in your arms. Nothing was working right now, you had tried everything from changing his nappy to a feed to calpol. Having a poorly baby was not fun.

"Momma needs to sleep" you mumbled as you paced around the room.

"He not settling" Adam's horse voice appeared behind you. You couldn't help but smile as he stood there in just a pair of boxer and his hair all fluffy.

"No, I've tried everything" you sighed.

"Pass him here and you go get some sleep baby" Adam whispered taking Blake out of your arms before kissing your head softly. "You need to be rested for your exam tomorrow"

"You got this" you whispered tying your hair up.

"Yes I've got this, now get you pretty ass in bed" he smiled rocking Blake in his arms as you left the room. "Now it's just me and you buddy"

After about half an hour Blake still hadn't settled.

"Come on buddy" Adam whispered walking round the house with your son against his chest "I know you aren't feeling well but please sleep"

———

Morning still rolled round and your alarm brought you out of you slumber. You was grateful for Adam waking up and taking over because you really didn't want to face your final exam with no sleep.

This was the last step before you was a qualified nurse. However it took you longer than it normally would to get to this point due to falling pregnant and taking time off. But now Blake was 9 months old you and Adam decided it was the right time for you to pick it back up.

As you wandered into the living room your heart melted at the sight of Adam fast asleep on the sofa with Blake sleeping against his bare chest.

You tried to be as quite as possible whilst making a pot of coffee but obviously failed when you heard Adam start to stir.

"Shit I didn't mean to wake you" you said feeling guilty.

"It's fine don't worry about it" Adam smiled as he adjusted his grip on Blake before standing up to give you a kiss.

"What time did he settle?" You asked going back to making the coffee.

"Think it was about 4am" Adam chuckled lowly as he placed Blake in his bassinet next to the sofa before he came behind you wrapping his arms around your waist nuzzling his face in the crook of your neck.

That was when you realised in the run up to the exam you had completely forgot to arrange a baby sitter.

"Urm I've screwed up" you half laughed. "I forgot to get a babysitter"

"That's fine" Adam smiled "I will take little man to work with me"

"Are you sure Hank will be okay with that?" You asked leaning back into Adam.

"Yeah it will be fine, Hank loves it when I bring Blake to work" he whispered "he is big softy when it comes to kids. Now I don't want you worrying about anything today. I just want you to relax and focus on smashing this exam"

———

"Hey Sarge" Adam said walking into hanks office with Blake in the carrier on his chest "we got a little sleepy helper today as we couldn't get a sitter"

"You know the rules Ruzek" Hank smirked at Adam. "You can only bring him in if I get cuddles"

"Just don't wake him he has finally got the sleep again" Adam laughed passing Blake over to Hank. "And people think you are scary"

"Watch it you" Hank warned as he bounced Blake in his arms. "Now don't worry about this one he's gonna spend the day with uncle Hank"

It was nice to see this side of Hank.

"Cheers Sarge" Adam nodded walking out the office and into the break room for a much needed coffee before the day started