Crossed Lines - Antonio Dawson

Requested By: ​On Tumblr

Prompt: "i swear, if you say another word, i'll leave." "we can't go back in time, so stop trying to reverse what you said."

Antonio Dawson x Reader

Angry wasn't the word to describe the mood in the Dawson/(Y/L/N) household right now. One thing for sure it defiantly not all sunshine and rainbows. The way he acted on your most recent case sparked tension which blew up as soon as you both stepped into your home. It didn't help that both of your were very hot headed.

"So I am just meant to just accept that what you are doing is right?" You spat pushing Antonio.

"I didn't say you had to accept this" He screamed slamming his fists against the kitchen counter.

"Why are you doing this Ton" you sighed running your hand through your hair.

"Just throwing your fucking career away for what and fucking notch on your belt to say you put away one of the most wanted criminals?"

"I am not throwing my career away and you know exactly why I do what I do. You knew this from day one and if it bothers you how I run my cases then you know where the fucking door is" He snapped

Okay that one stung and he knew as soon as the words left his lips he had fucked up big time.

"Oh is that how things are going to go" You seethed.

"You know you aren't a bloody saint when it comes to work, the amount of things you do that is off the book that I turn a blind eye to and you can't do the same for me" He scoffed. "What do you expect me to do when something you have done off the book puts you in fucking danger, just sit back and let things play out and you wind up dead. Yeah sorry not fucking happening"

"You didn't have to beat the guy up so badly that he ends up in med in a fucking coma leading you to be investigated by IAD, potentially screwing both of our careers" You screamed punching the wall to release some of the built up anger.

"Thats it go around breaking things like you normally do when you don't get your fucking way" Antonio laughed which just wound you up even more.

Even though this screaming match didn't look like it would be ending anytime soon you both knew that once it was all out of your system things would be fine. This was just one of the downsides to two hot headed people being in a relationship.

"I swear, if you say another word on this, I'll leave. Do you know what why are we even bothering any more, maybe we don't work like we thought when we first got together" He said coldly.

As he saw the tears slowly roll down your cheek he knew he had crossed a line.

"Baby, I didn't mean that" He whispered as he made his way closer to you.

"We can't go back in time, so stop trying to reverse what you said." You said through gritted teeth whilst picking your bag and car keys up. "Do you know what Toni I will save you the trouble and I will just go"

"Baby wait" He pleaded.

"No, Antonio you crossed a line and you fucking know it" You spat.

"When will you be back?" He sighed running his hand over his face.

"I don't fucking know" you spat slamming the door behind you.