Not Going Anywhere - Kevin Atwater

Prompt: "The thought of losing you scares me." and "No one will hurt you as long as I'm here."

Kevin Atwater x Reader

It had been a rough day at work for you, meetings after meetings your head was fried. All you wanted to do was get home, order a takeaway and cuddle up to your husband whilst venting about your day.

Walking into the house you knew by the silence Kevin wasn't back from work yet, this was something you was use to him working late due to a case but that didn't stop you worrying. As you dumped your handbag on the counter you checked your phone but you still hadn't heard from Kev yet, so had no idea when he would be getting home.

Making sure the door was locked you grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and headed up to run a bath, to wash away some of the stress of the day. It had been a couple of hours since you got out of the bath and still hadn't heard from Kevin and was getting slightly worried. As you was lost in your thoughts you heard the front door open and shut followed by the sound of the safe.

Letting out a breath you didn't realise you was holding. He was home.

"Baby I'm home" Kevin shouted "And I've brought Chinese on the way home" Pushing yourself of the sofa you pretty much ran into Kevin's arms holding him tight.

"The thought of losing you scares me." You whispered into his chest.

"Hey where has this come from?" He whispered placing the bag of food on the side before tightening his grip around you.

"Your home late and I hadn't heard anything" You mumbled. "and I just had a bad day at work so I was a bit stressed to begin with"

"All our phones died whilst we was out in the field" He whispered kissing your head.

"I just worry that you are gonna get hurt and I am going to lose you and them who am I gonna have protect me" You said taking in your husbands scent.

"No one will hurt you as long as I'm here. And I am not going anywhere baby, I wouldn't do anything that would put me at risk of being taken away from you" He smiled "I fought so hard to get with you, and I am not giving that up for the world"